No hidden-elo in S3 Please Riot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnorthodoxPriest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

RIOT please get rid of hidden-elo for dominion in season 3. I am sure that you will agree that Dominion was created as a fun spin-off from SR. It is great fun to muck around in. But unfortunately queue times are too damn high. I am guessing my hidden-elo is between 2.2k-2.3k and I have to wait 15-20 minutes to find a solo Q blind-pick game. This is just too much. Hidden-elo is not necessary to dominion. Those players who have decided to be competitive in this game mode can go back to playing DRAFT pick, as it was when dominion was still new. Those of us who just want to have some fun don't want to have to wait so long for a game.

Please RIOT

Graogg

10-31-2012

I agree, get rid of hidden elo and make it fully visible to all.

UnorthodoxPriest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Been in queue for 30 minutes at the moment. Elo for dominion is a joke. The community is too small to split it further.

hinderlopen

10-31-2012

i dont think you actually want hidden elo to go away. Removing the elo system would have you playing with average people, who are a bit too far below your level to have good quality games with.

Instead, you probably just want a more lenient matchmaking system, one that would put you in a team of 1900's every so often just so you dont have to queue for so long. If it the queue times are really bothering you, then have fun while not winning and your elo will get to a more manageable place.

HaIfhearted

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post
Instead, you probably just want a more lenient matchmaking system, one that would put you in a team of 1900's every so often just so you dont have to queue for so long. If it the queue times are really bothering you, then have fun while not winning and your elo will get to a more manageable place.
A more lenient matchmaking system was already tried.
The result: massive qq on the forums as players were getting matched with people massively above/below their own elos (this was back when we had the tools to see these sort of things)

At this point, the single best thing Riot can do for Dominion is to somehow increase the population of our players, arguably the single best way of which is giving us ranked, but which the guys in charge apparently don't want to do for whatever reason.

Tempestphile

10-31-2012

i wonder is your elo really 2k or do you play at the most undesirable times?

SteelersMan

10-31-2012

What is hidden elo? Sorry I dont know

Xavderion

10-31-2012

Remove elo - LoL is not fun anymore. It's just that simple.

(applies to SR too)

naotasan

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMan View Post
What is hidden elo? Sorry I dont know
Every queue - including normals, excluding bots - has an elo rating system.
In normal games (non-ranked) it's hidden so you can't see it and encourages ranked play.