Akali Twilight Shroud needs a change.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggroll9000

10-13-2012

The problem isn't q proc q isn't good. It's that the other guy can stand in the twilight shroud, wait for you to q and appear, and trade with you as if you don't have stealth with their own burst, then you realize q proc q is good but they also chunked you so the trade wasn't really profitable, and your shroud is about to expire, and that guy is still standing in it not respecting it at all.

Also, you can't q, wait, proc, q, proc cuz on your first q, they just burst you down cuz you appeared and they completely disregard that shroud. The trade will be unprofitable. While in it and attacking, you might as well not have it. Strong dps like Xin can literally stand in there and wait till you try the q proc q and out trade you by a lot. Opponents really don't have to respect that shroud at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Then you're using it wrong.

Q-proc Q.

Stealth.

Q-proc Q.

Stealth.

Q-proc Q.

Akali isn't a dps champ, she's a burst champ. She doesn't win by facefighting. If they're standing in the shroud, abuse it.

vVvMagwai

10-13-2012

I'm talking more on a team fight aspect. In a 5v5 akali can get focused down very fast by any team that has a bit of AoE. And even on a 1v1 standpoint, champs like shyvanna and mundo, who typically build very tanky and can simply stand in it and out damage you, are the problem I was addressing. I'm not talking about it being a huge buff, just adding some damage to it to make people think twice about simply ignoring it. Not to mention you would actually have a reason to use it In the presence of an oracles elixir or pink ward.

PerfidiousAlbion

10-13-2012

So it should be uncounterable? It's not like Akali's shroud doesn't have it's own advantages. It takes effect faster, it isn't delayed by taking damage, it provides an AoE slow and it has a very nice defensive steroid. It's great as is. If Akali has issues it isn't because of her W.

vVvMagwai

10-13-2012

Apparently you missed my comment earlier. She would still have counters. Any ranged AoE would still counter her. But as it stands right now, EVERYONE can counter her simply by buying pink wards or getting an oracles. Giving it some damage would simply give it more of a use outside of its already easily countered use.

PerfidiousAlbion

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebum View Post
Apparently you missed my comment earlier. She would still have counters. Any ranged AoE would still counter her. But as it stands right now, EVERYONE can counter her simply by buying pink wards or getting an oracles. Giving it some damage would simply give it more of a use outside of its already easily countered use.
In a team fight you're probably taking that AoE regardless. The durability buff helps a great deal with that, but ultimately that isn't the point of the ability. The point is that it allows you to avoid being focused. The enemy ADC can't target you. Most hard CC can't be applied to you.

Again, why should it be uncounterable? As it is it'll still provide the defense buff and slow even if they buy a pink ward. And you act like it's cheap to have a pink ward for every time Akali pops up.