Why all the hate toward people that play bots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lempface

10-13-2012

Been playing this game since beta and just now realized you can queue for bots, trying it out now. Will report back after game.

Grotbogger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

All the bad kids whining about every little damn thing chased me away from PvP in my first 24 games. I get my 1 win a day on bots, and then usually exit for the day. I hold out hope one day I may be able to recover, and rejoin society.

Best Furry NA

10-13-2012

I may be able to provide some insight, as someone who has played bot matches, regular pvp, draft, and ranked.

Bot matches are to prepare you for pvp, pvp for draft, and draft for ranked. In theory at least-- sometimes some ranked teams make you think you're in a bot match.

So, bot matches are naturally the easiest, and are the most layed back. There is nothing wrong with them. However, there is no "Expert" or "God Mode" bot matches, because the game revolves around PvP. Thus, if you play what is easier than the rest of the game, people will naturally judge you for that.

However, someone like me, someone open and clear-minded, understands your reasoning, and really won't judge you, just possibly your skills in the game. Trolls will judge you, but that'll happen period. They'll always find some way to judge you.

Believe me, I don't like a lot of people in PvP either. I really don't. I like going counter-meta, and that doesn't sit well with those who are brainwashed into thinking that is the only way (AP Mid, solo top, AD carry bot and a support, and a Jungler). Duo jungle, duo mid, and support mage+damagy 1v1 champ bot are all viable; I like them. Anyhow, before going off on a tangent.... People can be cruel. They can also be nice.

Something I find that really helps me relax-- well, 2 things do. First, a relaxing song in the background-- youtuberepeat.com. But, even better, and more to the topic... Start the game by being friendly to the enemy, and your team. Unless they are -all- trolls (not likely), the more quiet and nice ones will pop up. You'll likely spot a troll or two, but you would have anyhow. I have noticed the more friendly I am, the more likely the people in the game are going to be very kind and nice.

Koelio

10-13-2012

Thanks for all of the input guys/gals! Some people totally missed the point of the post, but most you have had some great thoughts. Thank you everyone for sharing your opinion on the matter.

Skill wise, I'd say I'm decent. I've won more pvp than I've lost, and people that play pvp but are trying something in boys consistently 'friend' me and encourage me to play pvp. I've even been recruited before. So, please, don't think its a matter of me having no skill at the game. I know some out there do.

And, no, I'm not trying to say I'm a pro or great or even in the top 50% of those that play the game. Just that I'm not terrible. Haha.

To those who say I'm "missing the boat." If Riot weren't okay with consistent bot games, there would be a limit on it. There isn't, so I'm lead to believe I'm not missing anything. I play, have fun, relax, and meet some cool, chill people along the way. I haven't missed anything at all. :)

Thanks again for your input everyone!

Noshamwow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koelio View Post

3. Time constraints. I live in a household with small children. When they need something, it is often needed right away. While I prefer not to do this, it is more acceptable and less of a nuisance to my team if I have to leave my computer for a moment.

Just curious on your thoughts on the matter.
This ^.

Sky Mence

10-13-2012

Bots are excellent for trying out a free week champ/a champ you just bought, but they are idiots.
They dont take buffs, jungle, drag, baron, not even towerdive as a group of 5.
Plus you get more IP from normals