A Way to Improve Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Guardian 009

10-12-2012

I love Udyr, the amount of AOE damage and on hit effects, being able to take damage as well as dish it out- but lately I feel that he's being outclassed more and more by the bruisers top and junglers. I thought up some changes that might make him more viable pick but wouldn't destroy who he is.

Remember this is merely an opinion. This is open to discussion- I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism. Please don't just downvoted and walk away.

Passive:Monkey's Agility
Udyr's attack speed is increased by 10% for 5 seconds each time he switches stances. Each time he changes his stance, the effect of oncoming crowd control is reduced by 2/3/5%.These effects can stack up to 3 times. Switching stances sets off a 1.5 second global cooldown.

This would make his passive stacks more important for him as it will improve is ability to close the gap on the opponents- and stay on them once he does. Your Udyr, your suppose to be in the thick of it causing as much disruption as you can. It also makes sense character wise as well

Tiger Stance
This ability will remain completely untouched

Turtle Stance
Stance Activation: Udyr gains a shield that absorbs damage for 5 seconds or until it has absorbed the full amount of damage. This shield is based off of 8/10/12/15/18% his maximum HP. Persistent effect: Udyr's attacks cannot crit, but they restore a percentage of his damage as health and mana.

The removal of the AP ratio is going to urk some AP Udyr players out there (yes, I acknowledge the existence of them), but this would improve his game play all around. This will reward players on building health on Udyr, your supposed to be an off tank bruiser. Building health is good- and I rarely see players build AP on him unless they are building TF.

If you thought this ability seems a little too strong at maxed rank, remember that Uydr can not max all of his abilities. This means that Udyr may max three abilities (with the fourth only reaching its 3rd rank) or he may max two abilities (with the other two reaching their 4th rank).

*I thought about doubling the CC Reduction while in Turtle Stance, but it really does seem too strong

Bear Stance
This ability will remain relatively untouched as it's fine the way it is- as side from increasing the duration of the movement speed.

Phoenix Stance
This ability will remain completely untouched

RaDMaNx

10-12-2012

Just make innervating locket his passive already.

The Guardian 009

10-12-2012

Bump

Inferiz

10-12-2012

Wat ur saying is only improving udyr teamfight potential which isnt udyr main problem atm. The problem is that he is extremely easy 2 kite. Atm udyr teamfight potential isnt that bad because of the ability to stun a whole team over and over again which is y udyr should be getting buffs towards his bear stance compare 2 any other skill. Udyr bear stance has the lowest MS buff compare 2 other junglers like shy n skarner with lvl 1 skills that give higher MS compare 2 udyr lvl 5 bear stance.

Brobat

10-12-2012

Udyr does not need buffs.

He is still very strong. The only thing that has changed is the meta. Udyr can be kited just like always but if he isn't he is incredibly powerful.

Ender93

10-12-2012

if udyr was improved to be able to stay in your face longer (tenacity buff) then he would come close to op, he does insane damage whilst building tank, Just be creative in your ganks, ward the enemy jungle so you can safely sneak around the back of the other guys turret and not run into the jungler, Not that you cant wreck him or anything but it would ruin the gank. Also know when to pick udyr, if the enemy team is
graves
morde
soraka
amumu
darius

then thats perfect for him, as long as the high priority targets dont have much of an escape like say Miss fortune then its food for udyr.

I do like the change to turtle stance shield though, Riot pls.

DEMIGODFTW

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobat View Post
Udyr does not need buffs.

He is still very strong. The only thing that has changed is the meta. Udyr can be kited just like always but if he isn't he is incredibly powerful.
You pretty much reworded what was said in the first sentence of op.
These changes aren't that bad. All I care about is improving the movement speed buff.

Ender93

10-12-2012

also Udyr counter idiots almost more than any other jungler...

< 1000 elo, he is a stomp....

I know im down their too cause as soon as I hit level 30 I went OOH RANKED LETS TRY THIS, now after learning more im working my way out but it can be hard with trolls or just insta rage kids, Id pay $50 to redo my placement matches

iHaveProtential

10-12-2012

just give him a gap closer, that should improve him quite well

The Guardian 009

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaveProtential View Post
just give him a gap closer, that should improve him quite well
Where would a gap closer fit in his kit? His stance mechanic? It wouldn't make sense and would essentially destroy what make Udyr Udyr.