Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gidoru

10-12-2012

Please reduce her mana costs further in some way.

Anna Sachae

10-12-2012

I just now noticed the cooldown bug. Bot game, fortunately. I'm glad that's being fixed. Poor Syndra needs all the help she can get.

Oh, and on the list of cooldown bugs, I've seen Riven's Q occasionally not go on cooldown immediately after three strikes. This didn't happen often enough to affect teamfights, but it sped up my jungle a bit and if it ever happened in a top lane duel, it might give an edge to her.

(This totally isn't the thread for that...hmrph.)

HunterHagen

10-12-2012

She's too unsafe for the amount of distance she needs to close with her current tools, especially in teamfights.

But Meddler, it's kind of a weird time to post at this time, is it not?

MxBaLD

10-12-2012

when i saw the refund option, the first i did was get rid of Syndra, but i couldn't cuz was bundle =/

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I agree with the 3 first points, but i feel Unleashed Power is already very strong atm and what holds it back isnt much the range, but the lack of reliability of some parts of her kit.

Additionally, what could be interesting to add is either to increase how far the Spheres are propelled by Scatter the Weak OR add a damage increase if you actually hit someone with a Sphere.

The reasoning behind the first point would be to allow Syndra to be have a ranged initiating move which is rare amongst the AP casters and the latter point could be explained by saying that it would increase her teamfighting potency.

eerum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

syndra is so much fun. it's unfortunate that her utility is really too slow/small to be competition worthy, or even solo queue worthy (it feels even slower when even your teammates don't know if or when you're going to stun.)

if you ramped up the damage on q she would just be impossible to lane against. if you ramped up the damage on e it would make for increasingly dangerous pays with little payoff for utility or skill. if you ramped up the damage on w it wouldn't really help that much considering how hard it is to hit w in the first place

the requirement of having a ball down in the right location to stun is just too heavy when you're running or chasing a moving target. when you're running, you drop the ball in front, and then immediately e once you're past it, but by then it's already too late and the player behind can easily dodge the line of sight. moving the cone does nothing. it's a fun concept, just not strong enough.

Theorycrafter

10-12-2012

I'd try a 1 second cooldown off base cooldown Q. Perhaps a rescale of 4 to 5/4.5/4/3.5/3.
Given how the damage is built and how reliant she is on cooldown reduction, she is *really* hurting in the early phase.
To be able to land a few more spheres would help a lot for her other abilities would help a lot.
I find her damage output really underwhelming besides R which still requires a lot of a setup time.

That said, alternatively, 2 more seconds of lifetime on spheres after you put them would be awesome too for the same purpose.

VMan7

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
in particular a case where enemies hit by both Scatter the Weak and a knocked back Dark Sphere sometimes only getting knocked back, rather than knocked back and stunned as intended.
This is the only thing she needs honestly.

saintbookman

10-12-2012

responsive and reliable stuns by hitting targets with her balls. Right now it's like you aim and pray to god you get a stun off because it's like trying to hit a target the size of a quarter with a shotgun from 100 feet away. Just increase her responsiveness, and she will handle so much better.

Brobat

10-12-2012

I always appreciate QoL Fixes but please be aware that Syndra is in no way UP. Please do not buff her because people are saying she isn't strong enough. Just because she isn't able to faceroll her lane does not mean she needs buffs. Thankyou.