Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZodiarkSavior

10-17-2012

Those changes.

Are beautiful

Honestly, her bugs have been what stopped me from playing her. Now I'll have no problem maining her again <3

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-17-2012
7 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Ahem...?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2571815
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2614278

I'm guessing if a bug report isn't consecutively bumped its ignored?
Did spot those threads and both of those should be fixed. Will keep an eye out to see if there are still cases we haven't found where they're occuring too.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

The Force of Will should help with her clunkiness a little bit. It helps clean up some of the action input for Syndra Summoners so it doesn't feel all over the place. It seems like Riot opted for this change instead of buffing the missile speed some more which is interesting.
I hope this includes a bug fix for Force of Will's damage not triggering after a minion lands at target AOE.
I would still like to see a Force of Will QoL change to refund some mana/cooldown if a minion or sphere is not launched on the 2nd part of the spell.

The Scatter the weak bug fix with the sphere and wave hitting an enemy champion will also help. Its frustrating to execute the combo at close range but not stun at all.

The Unleashed Power QOL is definitely nice and needed.
Having a target die during mid cast is one of those things that happened so often with Syndra (this brings her ult in line with Caitlyn's if target dies when locking on and firing).

I personally would still like a slight Unleashed Power/R range increase because it still feels so disconnected from her other skill ranges.

Also meddler, have you ever read my thread?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2605646

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-17-2012
8 of 23 Riot Posts

Back a bit later to respond to some of the longer posts since I last replied to stuff - haven't missed them, just need a bit more than a couple of sentences to reply.

A Master Shaco

10-17-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post30172818
Please fix my Night Hunter.

Also, I still can't play Syndra because when she's in games I get bugsplats. I posted in the thread for XP users, but I'm not 100% sure, But I havent because I dont want to risk ruining games with bugsplats.

Silent Reaper

10-17-2012

Can you considered making the Orb Speed and Scatter the weak the same speed?

Currently, Orbs travel about twice as fast as Scatter the weak.

Darkautumn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Meddler my friend!

I want to apply for a job at Riot, but I am Australian and I wonder what your opinion is on life in America compared to NZ?

Is it good? Bearable? Happy? People good?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-17-2012
9 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udajit View Post
Meddler, has any one internally discussed the possibility of casting Scatter the Weak in different directions originating from a placed orb?

For instance, I put an orb behind Brand and cast it behind him, pushing the orb (and subsequently, him) towards me - and my team.

I think it would lend a tremendous amount of power to Syndra.
I think such a skill's got quite a lot of potential and Lulu's ability to cast Glitter Lance from Pix at remote locations certainly demonstrates remote casting from a specific object can work well in LoL. It's something I'd want to see a kit build around though, particularly since it's the sort of thing that adds a decent amount of complexity to a kit and that's not something I feel Syndra's short of.

Adrathlin

10-17-2012

Hi. I'm not sure if this is only happening to me, but there is something wrong with Syndra's particle effect on her E when at level 5. I can't really describe what happens. It just comes out really weird when used. It also lags my screen when it happens.
Can someone test it out to see if it's not just me?
Just max out E first, but make a Dark Sphere and then knock it back with E.
Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for working on the changes for Syndra! I really appreciate it and I know that all of her players do, too. I will be so happy once it's complete, lol.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-17-2012
10 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhash View Post
As a whole I really like these changes being thought up, and fully support Riot in listening to Syndra players, but I do have a question based on this quote above.

Do you believe there is anyway to give Dark Spheres a noticeable reward for bringing them out without taking away a lot of it's power?
I believe adding something to them as a passive (so she actually has something pre lvl-9) would really help.

Some ideas I've heard and considered are a small buff to only Syndra's Armor/MR, mana regen, or movespeed based on the number of spheres out. Another good idea I've seen was adding vision around her dark spheres sort of like Karthus Q (where it gives vision for the cast, but not for the duration of the dark sphere since 6 seconds of vision sounds too strong).
If we're in a position where we want to add straight power to Syndra the passive would be a strong candidate for it, we're aware it's not offering the sort of satisfaction desired to many players.

As far as a noticeable extra effect on Dark Spheres without cutting into their damage goes that's a pretty similar answer really. If we wanted to straight out buff then we definitely could, but if we wanted to keep Dark Sphere's power the same we would have to reduce something else. If we did add a secondary effect I'd also want it to be something that added extra gameplay, which stat buffs just for casting generally don't - you already want to be spamming Q whenever mana permits so your decisions wouldn't change unless your choice of location had the potential to change. Vision would certainly do that for example, whether giving her vision on the Q instead of the W/E or as well would be healthy for her game balance though is something I'm hesitant on and would definitely have to chat to Live about a bunch/test thoroughly.