Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I really feel like she just can't be a fun and viable champion with how she is set up. It's sad because I want to like her, and I hope riot proves me wrong.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Longer duration spheres. Seriously, ti takes forever for her to set-up a battlefield as is. Why not let her actually keep them around long enough to use after a burst?

Or lower CD on Q so she can actually get her set-up faster.

And mana costs. Her costs are obscene compared to other casters ad she doesn't have the wave-clearing power to back it up.
No... her damage is there. Its just getting them to connect now.

Impoliteminority

10-12-2012

Meh, all I'm saying is, if they fix the slight usability problems with her, plus buff her ult range.. I will never be able to play her in draft....ever.

Grann Brigitte

10-12-2012

As I mentioned on page 9, Syndra's problems are not her numbers or her usability issues, it's that she is anemically designed so that if she is good, she will always be too good, and when bad she will be unplayable. The solution I proposed was to make her ult not a 'derp fat nuke'' but a reasonable, skill scaling nuke that paired with a more involved, dark sphere oriented passive actually tied the hero together and enhanced her play experience instead of just being arbitrary ''tons of damage''

Mouse Crouse

10-12-2012

I love Syndra as is, and QoL changes are always awesome. She's a lot of fun, and I hope this makes her even funner.

Bakraah

10-12-2012

Fingers crossed for these changes. Especially ult range increase.

Slib

10-12-2012

Her passive should just be part of each of her spells and she should be given a real passive. Something useful before level 9,13, and finally 18.

Augustine

10-12-2012

These are honestly all the changes I could hope for and there's nothing more I could want tbh.

It's awesome of you guys to test the range increase on ult because it's something the community has been vocal about.

Thank you so much Meddler

Pixeldemon

10-12-2012

My thoughts:

1. Spell combos are just too slow and unreliable. Some of your proposed changes could help this.

2. It's too hard to get enough "Q spheres" out on the play field where they can be usefully combined with her other spells.

What if her Q had a lower cooldown (and lower damage) so that she could get more spheres on the battlefield?

Dejir

10-12-2012

You had me at fix #3