I'm Bad at League. (A reflection on my first year.)

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ledortmov

08-30-2012

I'm bored at work and hopelessly tired so here is some drabble about my first year of playing league. [August is my anniversary month]

Contains explicit language cuz I am a foul-mouthed hussy. I also go off on tangents. Sorry bout that. d:

When I started playing League of Legends, I didn't know what the f*ck I was doing. And often times, I still feel that way. I never played any type of video game unless you count Mary Kate and Ashley's Mystery Mall Adventure for the Playstation, which I don't because the hardest part of that game was the fashion show. Get real. Anyway, I was a complete nooblet without a clue. I started and immediately thought, "f*ck this sh*t. F*ck yo couch. F*ck yo mama. I hate this. NO." However, I saw my peers having so much fun playing and I was intrigued. So I gave it a second chance.

I started out doing the tutorial, which as everyone knows, features Ashe. I proved myself at the Proving Grounds then tried out AI once. "Cool. I got the hang of this. I wanna play with my friends now!" Big mistake. I played a match with four level 30s. I wanted to blast myself. Now that I have been playing for a year, I know alot about the game. I won't pretend to know everything. I don't know every champions abilities by heart or all the items I could potentially buy in-game. But the things I now know are things that were like an alien language to me.

Vocab list:
Champion
Summoner Spell
Runes*
Masteries*
Lane
Creep Score
Last Hitting*
Turret
Inhibitor
Nexus
Gank
Abilities
Cooldowns
Leash
Jungle
Jungler
Tank
Mage
Carry
etc
etc..

(***I didn't know what runes and masteries were until I had been level 30 for two months. D*ckhead friends, amirite?
***Don't even get me started on last hitting. I got it down now..but I am utterly hopeless when I am stoned. lol)

Like I previously mentioned, I did the tutorial with Ashe so I liked her. I did not want any variety, I wanted to play some f*cking Ashe. Imagine me, with my utter lack of knowledge and experience, insisting on being adc with four level thirties, while I was only level four. They hated me. But had faith that one day I would become decent. I was raged at, screamed at, etc. They were "teaching" me. Two of these friends, later, refused to talk to me for three months until I had mastered ai and solo queue. It was harsh but now I understand the tough love.

I realized that I was not meant to ad carry.

My calling was Sona. (Definitely not anymore. My record of most assists was with Sona and I have yet to beat it. But for some reason I lost my touch with her and cannot get it back.) I learned the in's and out's of supporting my ad. Then I fell in love with Soraka. My first experience with her (and I still get called out on this today.. -_-) went like this:
- "Heal me!"
-"I can't, you're moving around too much. Stop moving so I can heal you."
-An ally has been slain.
-_- My bad, bro.

I played her again after having mastered Sona and I realized I am a damn good Soraka. I played support for weeks and weeks until I had it pretty much down. (My warding is still titchy because I like my f*cking wards where I like my f*cking wards.)

Then when our group's designated jungler took a leave of absence, I decided to step in. I felt that I was ready for a change of pace. I played Amumu, Cho, Nunu. My first jungle Malphite game was hilarious/f*cking awful/took me nine months to try him out again. I didn't know that his ult went in a certain direction and required skill to land it. I was hidden in mid lane's bottom river bush and was in skype with my full team. I was perfectly set up for this gank. I was stoked. I told them. I said, "Watch mid, guys. Gonna ult." I hovered my cursor over the enemy champion and hit R. -_- I sailed towards him. But stopped extremely short. Well, F*CK. Then I walked away, feeling utterly defeated. Two of my teammates were laughing so hard that they both died..In separate lanes, mind you. I still get sh*t about it to this day.

Free week Shyvana changed my entire like for League into full blown love. I tried her out and immediately realized that I could never hold another champion in the esteem that I hold Shyv. (Although, I do have a huge lady b*ner for Leona. No lie.) Shyvana is my best champion. She is my go-to champion. I consider her a close friend. Whenever I want to carry in ranked (not often cuz as previously stated, "I'm bad at league"), I choose Shyvana. I have some mad love for the dragon b*tch. I love everything about her. I love all of her abilities, her damage output, the different ways you can play her. And I love how I build her. [My builds are always very dependent on the match, I don't follow guides. F*ck nah.]

My top five champs [as I've been told by others, not tooting my horn, I'm bad remember?]:

Shyvana(jungle or top)
Xin(jungle or top)
MF(bot, duh)
Nidalee(support)
Master Yi(mid or jungle)

Wrapping it up, sorry to drag it on...

The past year playing league has been somewhat of a struggle. I lost many, many matches and absolutely abused /ff. I am negative 90ish in normal matches. But I am trying to catch up. My hope is that I will someday be at least positive one. I was terrifed to try out ranked and when I did, I had never been happier. I won my first four matches in a row. But then it became a constant of win two, lose four. I got stuck and after a while, I gave up on it completely.

But so what? Big f*cking deal. I don't do ranked. I do normals. With rl friends or people I have met along the way. I work a full-time job, am a full-time college student, have a semi decent social life, and I play league, lots and lots of league. That's just my life at the moment. Could change I suppose, but for now I hope it stays the same.

I've played this game for a year. I've spent alot of money buying rp for skins and runes and champs. I've broken two mouses and a headset in frustration. I've said "I quit" but came back in less than a week (several times). I've been downvoted hardcore in the forums when I was simply looking for other chicks who love league the way I do. I've been subjected to the rudest trolls, awesome gingers (awesome gingers? they do exist. the f*ck?) and many, many Brazilians (NA) lolol. To say the least, It's been an interesting first year. So even though I'm bad at League...I f*cking love it and think I always will.

I can't wait til next August when I sit down again and remember how bad I was and how bad I probably will still be. (8

Anyway, if you read this all.. congrats. Get a life. :p no but thanks for reading.

Darqside

08-30-2012

cool story, ill read it again.

Nerbert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Thanks for playing!

Star Piercer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Glad you have learned a lot man! Keep on learning and growing!

coblejr

08-30-2012

how about if u die before next august?

Coppermouth

08-30-2012

Great story!

Don't worry about the losing, happens but it won't happen forever!

Cheers!

Coppermouth

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coblejr View Post

This is GD. Gotta count on a troll to ruin the moment, lol

ledortmov

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coblejr View Post

then i hope to be buried in my teemo bra and panties. :p

Coppermouth

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledortmov View Post
then i hope to be buried in my teemo bra and panties.
Do those bras and panties have stealth mode?

big earth

08-30-2012

I love you!

12345 ... 6