Season 3 - Equal playing ground

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalebGregory2

10-11-2012

Riot, with season 2 coming to an AMAZING end I wish to question all these new servers, Brazil, Turkey, ect. it makes me curious. Players from Australia (which there are many!) Suffer from ~200+ ms at all times. Myself have only ever reached as low as 197 which it was at for only one game ever. The delay at this latency is almost a second, thus being a HUGE disadvantage in ranked for example If I were to play Mordekaiser. With my latency in a group fight I might only use my abilities 2-3 times were as with lower latency I could use them sooner and thus have them off cool down sooner to use again, refreshing my shield saving me enough time to perhaps even deal some more damage. When I spectate the 'High elo' matches promoted in the lobby I don't think I have ever seen anyone above 150ms. It's just a huge barrier that at first, to me, didn't seem like that big a deal. Yet it has caused me countless deaths, missed thousands of creep last hits and it has let those pesky low latency players get away just before I can finish them off. Australia has some talent waiting to shine and with season 3 about to take off, perhaps an Australian LoL server would be an idea. It would allow us to actually compete on equal playing ground. Not only that but to my knowledge you have lost a decent amount of players to the Garena servers simply for the rumoured 120-170ms that Australians get there. I recommend an Australian server in either Sydney or Brisbane (That is where most of your Aus players are based). Please thumbs up this guys so Riot sees it.

CalebGregory2

10-12-2012

Nothing? Still?

IBPro

10-30-2012

bump

HECTICPENTA

01-23-2013

bump

LG MoonV2

01-23-2013

moar servers plox