League of Legends Community Infographic

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ilikeomnoming

10-11-2012

Feel better now that I realise u get a penta in 1/1500 games.

Balchord

10-11-2012

Must kill more op teemos

Sol Badguy

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Roughly 4 years ago, I joined Riot as employee #30-something. At the time, it consisted of an inconveniently laid-out office, where "Conference room 2" and "Conference room 3" were shared stairwells we had with other tenants, the pizza box grease stains had somehow sank into the carpet, and our office dinner program was a combination of Guinsoo's carne asada cooked up on the balcony, the snack bar (which was invariably down to those oreo 100 calorie packs), and coffee.

We've always questioned if what we are doing will be able to meet the expectations of gamers, and that time was no different. Thinking it through, we were just unsure on so many things... we were optimistically hoping that we could achieve 10 or 20 thousand peak concurrent users within 6 months of launch if we did a good job. I think we did a lot of things well with the game at launch, but we also have had a lot of hiccups (and outright disasters), and we are extremely thankful that you guys were patient with us when things were not good (not launching with a store, unstable servers, and play balance on the original Xin Zhao), and gave us positive reinforcement when we did well.

Thanks for making this happen, LoL players... Both for giving us a chance, and for letting us continue to do our best to bring you the most fun game we can.

- Zileas
How IS Guinsoo's carne asada. Also what are some good ways to bribe that dude?

Timechild

10-11-2012

Good job, but you can do better! You know Riot, you're not the only ones proud of the game. Us players feel pride in playing it as well!

Minishmaster

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Roughly 4 years ago, I joined Riot as employee #30-something. At the time, it consisted of an inconveniently laid-out office, where "Conference room 2" and "Conference room 3" were shared stairwells we had with other tenants, the pizza box grease stains had somehow sank into the carpet, and our office dinner program was a combination of Guinsoo's carne asada cooked up on the balcony, the snack bar (which was invariably down to those oreo 100 calorie packs), and coffee.

We've always questioned if what we are doing will be able to meet the expectations of gamers, and that time was no different. Thinking it through, we were just unsure on so many things... we were optimistically hoping that we could achieve 10 or 20 thousand peak concurrent users within 6 months of launch if we did a good job. I think we did a lot of things well with the game at launch, but we also have had a lot of hiccups (and outright disasters), and we are extremely thankful that you guys were patient with us when things were not good (not launching with a store, unstable servers, and play balance on the original Xin Zhao), and gave us positive reinforcement when we did well.

Thanks for making this happen, LoL players... Both for giving us a chance, and for letting us continue to do our best to bring you the most fun game we can.

- Zileas
I've heard stories about that carne asada before. I think one of them involved a fire.

Edit: Ah, here we are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTat5ChATlA

Sh0ck And Awe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

i see a penta kill way more often than 1 / 150
but i guess it has to do with game type / elo etc.

Furudo

10-11-2012

I bet Riot counted all the people that idle in all the chats.

Ilikeomnoming

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm4c View Post
It warms my heart to know that in my life as a league player I have amounted around 3 penta kills, and one Legendary kill that occurred during the period where custom games could have 6 players on either team.
You could have 6 per team????????????????? omg wow :OOOOOOOO

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Riot, seeing these new numbers, I'm utterly disappointed in you as a company.

A mere 324% growth in TeemoDeaths/second is embarrassing. I expected a minimum of 3 kiloteemos being executed per second. And to think I supported what you buffoons are doing.

Cheeky Squid

10-11-2012

Most played video game in the world. Impressive.