Trundle top, why not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xendorn

10-11-2012

Now granted im in low elo, but I'm 7/0 on trundle this week. 6 of them are top one is support :S lol. Is it because people don't know how to play against him? or is he actually viable? the one thing i've noticed is he runs out of mana if you get q happy, but you don't need to get q happy. You can use it to poke. Maybe i'm a noob and belong in my elo, but i'm climbing steadily out of elo hell, and trundle seems viable, atleast in this elo top. Responses. please.

xflatdodo

10-11-2012

I never played Trundle and I think I've only seen him like once or twice. Personally I like him and believe that he could play such a role it's just that he is an unsung champ.

Fiveofswords

10-11-2012

i dunno, its probably good...trundle just isnt played much dunno why...seems like a decent champ...im guessing people jsut dont like his nose or something

Anna Sachae

10-12-2012

He's an extremely "decent" champion. Just don't play him against Jax in top and he's just like most other bruisers up there - lane bully, incredible sustain, dominates lategame teamfights.

I once got a ton of people calling me a troll (no pun intended from their side) for trying to use a "jungler" in top lane. Trundle wasn't originally conceived as a jungler - he has everything top lane wants...which is just conveniently also what allows him to thrive in the jungle. Don't be deterred from his status as a strong jungler pick. He's perfectly viable top against champs who aren't Malphite or Jax.

Overall an extremely underappreciated champion.

Candentis

10-12-2012

He also counters Yorick with his passive, so he has counterpicking potential.

M0rias

10-12-2012

There isn't much he can really do from the top lane I feel. He duals ad bruisers well because of his debuffs and his steroids and he sustains well but that is pretty much where he starts to fall off.

Trundle has no way to stop a pusher is pretty much what it comes down to. No AOE damage means he can't clear waves fast to counter someone who is trying to push the waves into the tower (think singed or vlad).

Trundle can't kill a pusher either as he has no gap close. If someone is ganking for him he only really has the pillar to throw down. That usually isn't enough unless you manage to pinch them against a wall.

I don't really think that trundle counters yorick. He sustains in the lane okay but once yorick gets a tear or a frozen heart trundle will just get pushed in. Also the ghouls only heal him for like 8 hp.

Xendorn

10-12-2012

You lane top with Flash/exh and his w becomes a gap closer.... not to mention if you actually know how to use his e......

Corrupt Angel

10-12-2012

He destroys yorick and top but other than that I can't really think of anything

Mako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Ranged beat trundle for free... his base armor is also quite low.

Xendorn

10-12-2012

I build a wriggles lantern first to make up for that. and the free ward.