Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you know when your winning your lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kat Mechanics

10-11-2012

you're original question was "how do you know when you are winning your lane?"
Winning your lane means that you gain more gold than your lane opponent during lane phase. If you buy bad items it doesn't matter if you win your lane.

summoz

10-12-2012

It's kind of a mixed bag of questions and situations that make me wonder if i'm actually winning my lane.

Usually if you have more farm plus a kill above your oponent, you could consider yourself winning your lane right?

Well the reason why i asked is because despite having more farm and a kill, graves would come back to lane and still deal more dmg and push me back to my turret.

FlubbyDG

10-12-2012

as a side note, its true that obama was only elected cuz hes black

JakeAlmighty

10-12-2012

If you are building Black Cleaver EVER you're doing it wrong. And he will continue to 1v1 you.

Thorrbo

10-12-2012

Quote:
summoz:
I dunno, Ez just seems really weak at the moment.

No.

And as a serious response, just because you're outfarming the other ad doesnt mean you can duel them.

As a 70 cs Kog'maw I'll stomp a 100 cs Cait if she has a Doran's on top of me.

vcj01

10-12-2012

I play Graves often and I also find myself going up against Ezreal a lot. The lane is not as heavily favored towards Graves as you feel it is, and really supports play a big role in the matchup.

There are 2 pieces of advice already stated in the replies that you seriously need to take.

First off you can blink dodge Buckshot using your E to get out of the way. Since Buckshot comes out in a cone/triangle shape, that means the most effective way to blink to maximize your chances of not getting hit is TO THE SIDE AND TOWARDS HIM. Keep practicing this and don't hesitate, reaction speed is very important in dodging skillshots.

Second thing you need to do is stop building Black Cleaver on Ezreal. If you build Bloodthirster you will leech life back and you will last longer in fights, therefore increasing your chances of winning the fights. There are a few different builds that work effectively on Ez, but none of them really involve Black Cleaver. I'm not necessarily saying BT rush is the best (lots of people prefer Triforce), I am just suggesting you to upgrade the BF Sword you get into a Bloodthirster, which is a much better choice than a Cleaver.

KalastRaven

10-12-2012

This is the way I estimate it.

15 CS = 1 Kill. (Although kills can lend themselves to earning more or less CS)
Blowing up the enemy turret can be counted as a kill for this purpose.

If your CS + Kills * 15 > Enemy AD CS + Kills * 15, you have a gold advantage.

If your gold advantage is larger than 30 CS or 2 kills, you won your lane.

When you blow up the enemy turret or they blow up yours that's when "who won the lane" is set in stone.