Riot, you should make an IP Lottery!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeviance View Post
My guess is that the IP prize will be 100% of the pot, so if anything it's just transferring IP from other users. I see nothing wrong with this.
Yeah that's how it should be. No reason for Riot to take a portion of IP as their secret IP stash

The Guardian 009

10-11-2012

It won't be gambling if there is not money involved. So these tickets would HAVE to be bought from IP.

KITE BOY

10-11-2012

LoLs Vegas where. Im all in

EnigmaticBurrito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Wreckinibrey View Post
1. When did either of us mention RP lol
2. That's what lotteries are in real life. Paying for a chance to escape from the "grind". How does this not make business sense? The only thing is does is redistribute the IP. The community still has the same amount of IP on average, thus will still buy RP the same amount on average.

p.s. I like the single downvote on my previous post, I wonder who that was from...
The game is free to play. Giving 100000000 IP to any given player allows them to play the game without ever buying RP and miss out on nothing but skins, 100 ip from one player obviously does not. The "net ip" is completely irrelevant.

You got a downvote for being a ******bag. I'd like to hope you have the ability to figure out how you were being a ******bag but by all means ask if you're confused .

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian 009 View Post
It won't be gambling if there is not money involved. So these tickets would HAVE to be bought from IP.
Yeah that's a good point. It would be completely illegal if tickets would be bought with RP.

tempnameA461

10-11-2012

There is no profit here.
They would have to make it RP.

Quote:
Yeah that's a good point. It would be completely illegal if tickets would be bought with RP.
How?

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherscatman View Post
The game is free to play. Giving 100000000 IP to any given player allows them to play the game without ever buying RP and miss out on nothing but skins, 100 ip from one player obviously does not. The "net ip" is completely irrelevant.

You got a downvote for being a ******bag. I'd like to hope you have the ability to figure out how you were being a ******bag but by all means ask if you're confused .
No you don't understand how the law of averages works and I'm not going to explain it to you. All I can say that might make you understand is this: Yes, getting a large amount of IP would make this person, say, 5 times less likely to buy RP in the next month. At the same time, the 99 people that had their IP "redistributed" to him would collectively be (5/99) times more likely to buy RP, thus balancing the net reward/loss for Riot.

But, if you choose to remain narrow-minded about statistics, I can coutner your crude argument by saying this lottery winner would be more likely to buy skins since he would be more likely to continue playing the game. The point I just made can only be refuted by accepting my original point, so hop off kid.

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
There is no profit here.
They would have to make it RP.

How?
lol...

RP is bought with money
Use RP to gamble

Online poker chips on pokerstars bought with money
Use poker chips to gamble
Pokerstars requires you to be an adult to play

see the similarities? and the issue?

The Guardian 009

10-11-2012

Quote:
no- not illegal. the game would be made into an 19+ if per say you buy these tickets with RP since your actually spending money to gain rewards. If it's IP, no money is being spent (only time)

Serafe

10-11-2012

even better spin on this would be a certain amount of honor at the end of the month enters ur name in a certain amount of times, then ur winnings are based on the amount of honor vs complaints uve had, obv down to a minimum