Riot, you should make an IP Lottery!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnigmaticBurrito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Wreckinibrey View Post
You are implying that Riot would have to make the lottery's odds imbalanced. Obviously since it's IP, the payouts would be equal to the revenue.
So... you're suggesting a lottery with an extremely high winrate? Wouldn't this be pretty similar to just creating an RP-->IP option in that case? If it isn't then the lottery is still a tax for those bad at math. There is no way to adjust the odds properly.

Lv 99 Rl0TEN

10-11-2012

very cool.. but.. not 10k IP. i mean not raw ip but ip boosts, 1 rune page, a champion 50% IP discount, etc.

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagginator View Post
"payouts equal to the revenue"

You poor, poor, naive sap. You just don't understand how gambling works, do you?
hahaha I guess we can't call it gambling then

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherscatman View Post
So... you're suggesting a lottery with an extremely high winrate? Wouldn't this be pretty similar to just creating an RP-->IP option in that case? If it isn't then the lottery is still a tax for those bad at math. There is no way to adjust the odds properly.
Not sure if trolling or retarded...

>100 people pay 100 IP each for a ticket
>One person gets 10000 IP
>Expected payout is 10000 IP/100= 100 IP
>1:1 ratio

learn math before you talk about it bro

Footie 117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

yessssssssssssssss

Lagginator

10-11-2012

Quote:
hahaha I guess we can't call it gambling then
=)

Let's call it advertising then. What if Riot had some kind of lottery based on playing games of Dominion or Twisted Treeline? You pay a small IP fee, like ~50 per game, and at the end of the week the entire pot will be distributed between say 1000 randomly chosen Summoners. Or maybe if you choose to participate in the lottery, the IP you would have gotten from playing (excluding bonuses or FWotD) is automatically put into the pot.

That way you get your lottery, and Riot can encourage people to play the less popular game modes.

EnigmaticBurrito

10-11-2012

Quote:
Not sure if trolling or retarded...

>100 people pay 100 IP each for a ticket
>One person gets 10000 IP
>Expected payout is 10000 IP/100= 100 IP
>1:1 ratio

learn math before you talk about it bro
Reading comprehension not your strong point?
I was talking about something mentioning RP.
So you're suggesting riot give the potential to completely remove the grind for one player at random any given day? Yeah that makes solid business sense.

I bet this sounded like a cool idea in your head, but you didn't think it through.

Weemus

10-11-2012

I'd rather LoL didn't turn into Neopets.

Xeviance

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaoil View Post
We have enough people complaining about the lack of enough ip already...
My guess is that the IP prize will be 100% of the pot, so if anything it's just transferring IP from other users. I see nothing wrong with this.

El Wreckinibrey

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherscatman View Post
Reading comprehension not your strong point?
I was talking about something mentioning RP.
So you're suggesting riot give the potential to completely remove the grind for one player at random any given day? Yeah that makes solid business sense.

I bet this sounded like a cool idea in your head, but you didn't think it through.
1. When did either of us mention RP lol
2. That's what lotteries are in real life. Paying for a chance to escape from the "grind". How does this not make business sense? The only thing is does is redistribute the IP. The community still has the same amount of IP on average, thus will still buy RP the same amount on average.

p.s. I like the single downvote on my previous post, I wonder who that was from...