Orianna or Karma?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jackie Ross

10-11-2012

I'm looking to buy a champion and challenger was between my doubts Karma or Orianna. I always liked the mage types, but I have no intention of playing as support, which I recommend?
Thank you in advance!
P.S. Leblanc also enter the contest

Linna Excel

10-11-2012

Umm, Karma is considered a support (don't know how she is as a AP). She's considered subpar for the role while she has her defenders who know how to make her work a little. Orianna is considered OP. Supposedly Karma is getting some kind of makeover in the next few months and Orianna might be getting a nerf.

Have you played either yet while they were free? Try to watch some vids of them on youtube as well to help you decide and get a feel for how they are played.

Magus Crow

10-11-2012

I'd say either LeBlanc or Orianna. Karma is a very strange champion that really has little place in the current meta.

Orianna has a high skill cap and while she doesnt exactly have a huge burst potential she does have large amounts of sustained damage, good utility and a fairly game changing ultimate (especially if you combo it off of an initiation).

LeBlanc is really the flip side of Orianna. She has a fair skillcap and a HUGE burst that makes her very dangerous for the lane and mid game phases. Unfortunatly she tends to drop off pretty hard in the late game and her team fighting is pretty much limited to an attempt to melt the opposing ADC or APC.

JVIonster

Recruiter

10-12-2012

You could go for Veigar, he's a mage, has pretty good damage, and NOT a support.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Karma is getting reworked. She's really powerful, but no one wants her in their team for some reason, yet she has a better version of Jayce's signature teamfight skill, the biggest heal in the game (which will damage the enemy units too), a potent shield with nice AP ratios, and an ult to DOUBLE her speed boost and make the AoE nuke become the heal I talked about earlier... and yes, this ult is just like Jayce's, character comes with it.

Magus Crow

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcGS Jeanschyso View Post
Karma is getting reworked. She's really powerful, but no one wants her in their team for some reason, yet she has a better version of Jayce's signature teamfight skill, the biggest heal in the game (which will damage the enemy units too), a potent shield with nice AP ratios, and an ult to DOUBLE her speed boost and make the AoE nuke become the heal I talked about earlier... and yes, this ult is just like Jayce's, character comes with it.
The reason no one wants her on their team is because she requires gold to be sucessful and the current meta is a 0 CS support which leaves her with only the APC role left and going that route gimps alot of her potential during the lane phase.

I should note that Karma is actually pretty good in dominion though.

Moun7

10-12-2012

Karma is considered support so I'll talk about LeBlanc and Orianna. LeBlanc is a very fun champion in my opinion due to her immense mobility and burst potential. She has a very strong early-mid game but does tend to drop off near the end. Orianna on the other hand does not have very good burst damage but makes up for it with fairly good sustained damage and team utility. Her ultimate can be game changing if used correctly. Both are usually played in the mid lane.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-12-2012

@Crow Karma is GREAT on dominion. She is also good on Twisted Treeline (compaired to her Summoner Rift game). Basically she is more open to farm on TT and in dominion she has a relatively steady stream of gold to be able to survive and deal damage. I'm looking forward to her remake, although I feel like both Syndra and Kha'Zix mechanics would have been strongly suited for Karma. Edit: by that I mean having either an added effect at max rank or "evolving" a skill at 6-11-16

Ultears

10-12-2012

Leblanc would be the easiest to play out of the 3 above, but she kinda fall off lategame, about 40m mark.

Ultears

10-12-2012

Leblanc would the the easiest out of the 3 above, she's good early-mid game but start to fall off lategame, about 40m mark.