Riot, I need an answer. About to quit LoL for this single reason!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SenorBobbers

10-11-2012

about to quit LoL for a **** reason like this? You must be the guy who throws a fit if he doesnt get the boot to play as in monopoly.

Padagi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I don't think any of the ults can be "canceled" except a few (Kat comes to mind). Most ults can't be cancelled during their cast though.

Verarticus

10-11-2012

It's a bad choice or words. They mean it in as in he "channels his energy" type thing rather then he's actually channeling like nunu's WW's malz etc.

El Stupe

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
1) Champion actions that constitute as animations, like Ezreal's ultimate or, say, auto attacks, cannot be interrupted by anything. You know it's a channel if there's a bar that comes up, and it doesn't for his ult iirc.

Auto attacks are not like Ez's ult. You can cancel auto attacks, by clicking to move away. You know the deal - go to hit a creep, realize you're going to last hit too early, cancel the attack - sometimes the auto attack sound will even register even though there won't be any damage.

You can't do that with Ez's ult though. The second you hit the button it's going no matter what you do. Sometimes you wish you COULD cancel it like an auto attack though, haha. Nothing worse than smart casting an ult in the opposite direction of the enemy by accident.

Kaling of Titans

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozxyqk View Post
Obviously you cant just accept how Riot wants Ez to work. So deal with it, or bounce and save us your rage.

Or, let the butthurt flow through you. Its kinda funny to see you rage over something so inconsequential.
It irks me a lot.
When I stun somebody I expect a stun.
When I silence somebody, I expect a silence.
When I displace somebody, I expect displacement.
When I knock somebody up, I expect a knock up.
When I snare somebody, I expect a snare.

When a champion's skill breaks all that, and isn't labeled as uninterpretable, it pisses me off.
When my skill shots go through champions, it breaks my expectations.
When toss out a skill shot, and I die, the skill shot is rendered harmless even if it is in air as I died. That breaks my expectations.

When I do use the skill indicator and it comes up very short or too much for the actual effect, it breaks my expectations.

Keep breaking my expectations, and I get irked, I get mad, I add another straw on my back. There is only so many individual inconsequential straws you can carry before your back breaks.

Xyltin

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaling of Titans View Post
It irks me a lot.
When I stun somebody I expect a stun.
When I silence somebody, I expect a silence.
When I displace somebody, I expect displacement.
When I knock somebody up, I expect a knock up.
When I snare somebody, I expect a snare.

When a champion's skill breaks all that, and isn't labeled as uninterpretable, it pisses me off.
When my skill shots go through champions, it breaks my expectations.
When toss out a skill shot, and I die, the skill shot is rendered harmless even if it is in air as I died. That breaks my expectations.

When I do use the skill indicator and it comes up very short or too much for the actual effect, it breaks my expectations.

Keep breaking my expectations, and I get irked, I get mad, I add another straw on my back. There is only so many individual inconsequential straws you can carry before your back breaks.
There are a lot of skills that have an animation that can't be interrupted.
I coulds say Ez's E.

Riot should change the tooltip to 1 sec delay".
But in general you have to see it like this: If you can interrupt his ult, he may get too weak (or at least the ult, his normal kit would still be OP). So now Riot has te reuce the cast time from 1 sec to 0 that you can't interrupt it anymore. Try to avoid that point blank even with flash ready.

VoodooSaviorNBK

10-12-2012

it has a channel bar.

vcj01

10-12-2012

You would quit over something like this? You do realize Lux's ulti does the same thing, and it's on a MUCH shorter cooldown, and the laser instantly damages the entire range.

If you're mad over something small like Ezreal ultimate, you should definitely follow through on what you said and just quit. There are a lot more serious imbalances than that.

No but seriously, learn how to dodge skill shots. You have like a whole second to see which direction Ezreal is pointing. And if you're not in point blank, you have even more time to react and move out of the way due to the projectile speed and hitbox.

If you're playing support and trying to save your ranged AD, besides healing and shielding, you can also buy Aegis and Locket to mitigate the damage.

Kaling of Titans

10-12-2012

The issue is not about dodging it, the issue is the uninterruptibility it has.

saintbookman

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
The tooltip is admittedly misleading. However, Riot has addressed this specific question to two points:

1) Champion actions that constitute as animations, like Ezreal's ultimate or, say, auto attacks, cannot be interrupted by anything. You know it's a channel if there's a bar that comes up, and it doesn't for his ult iirc.

2) The distinction between channel and animation is not a gimmick; it is an intended design feature. That is to say, they DO NOT WANT you to be able to interrupt Ezreal's ult or other moves like it.

There is a bar at the bottom, and literally for all intents and purposes his ult is a channel. Did you know if you silence Kennen in the exact instance his ult goes off, it will cancel his ult, and it will go on CD? Is that fair? Because it is not a channeled spell at all, and is probably the farthest thing from a channeled spell I can think of. There is no legitimately good reason Riot has for Lux, and Ezreal's ult working like this, besides the fact that it just does. It doesn't matter very much from a balance perspective, it's just annoying

Not that I care, fix the priority moves on teleportation skills first, like flashing away and still getting Skarner grabbed and Singed flipped back into the enemy team, while when Blitzcrank grabs you, you can just flash out of it without penalty. Because the priority on flash moves makes no sense in this stupid game.