Riot, I need an answer. About to quit LoL for this single reason!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultimatepwr

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
I'm okay with this explaination, but for the sake of UI consistency, can we take the chann-err... "progress" bar off when casting it? It drives me absolutely nutty that it has what looks exactly like a channel bar but behaves different from a channel. And I say that from an Ezreal player perspective. When I see the bar looking like it's channeling and it goes off regardless, then try to translate that over to someone with the same (from a UI standpoint) thing i.e. Fiddlesticks/Nunu, it is frustrating to see that they behave differently. Not to mention that for newer players, I'm sure this is confusing as hell.
OH! I know the answer to this one!

The bar is there to give a time before it goes off, so it is needed. But the bars are different. The channel bar goes in the opposite direction as the cast bar

Zielmann

10-13-2012

I asked something similar to this a month or so ago.

The reason that sometimes you can break Lux/Ez ults and sometime can't, is because that once the animations reach a certain point, they are guaranteed to finish, regardless of any CC that goes down. So if you manage to drop a stun or silence on one of them right as they start the animation, it will stop it from happening. Hence the slight inconsistency with it.

The biggest thing that bothers me about it (and clearly you as well), is that it is visually confusing. I know that Ez/Lux ults generally can't be stopped by CC. But it doesn't stop the fact that I want it to work that way because they look like channels.

I also have some frustration that other things with extremely short animations (feel like they should be instant-cast, but they aren't) can be stopped. I play a lot of Kennen, and it frustrates me that his W isn't instant-cast. I've had it cast and do nothing if the mark disappears from the target, or the marked target gets just out of range at the perfect time. I've also had his ult get cancelled by some very well-timed (lucky) stuns or silences.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
As has been said, both Ezreal and Lux's ults aren't channels, but animations. Once the animation begins, it will go off. They are self stunning animations as well, similar to Renekton's stun.
Does that mean if I play ezreal, I can cleanse my ultimate?

edit: no, tested it on PBE, neither cleanse nor QSS will free you from your ult. You can cast cleanse while ulting though while the animation for QSS didn't go off until afterwards.

Frammshamm

10-13-2012

they arent channeled. Its a sound file and visual animation to give you the clue" hey noob dodge now".. they purposely make it so its not instant so A. you can dodge it, and B. it stop his AA for a while so his DPS isnt ungodly.

Frammshamm

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Does that mean if I play ezreal, I can cleanse my ultimate?

^ This

CarbonWyre

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
As has been said, both Ezreal and Lux's ults aren't channels, but animations. Once the animation begins, it will go off. They are self stunning animations as well, similar to Renekton's stun.
A lot of the time it will show a channel bar for these ultimate though!

illtre

10-13-2012

ezreals ulti is prob the easiest thing to dodge in league.....the man sounds like hes taking a dump for gods sake.

Xx2TailsxX

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemaximum View Post
Ezreal, Lux's, and someone else's I forgot, are technically channels but they can't be stopped by CC.
Lux's is stopped by a stun.

:Edit: - You guys clearly don't play Lux

Redeemed In Fire

10-13-2012

Riot's real crime is that they refer to it as channeling, which is not actually what it is. It's a cast time >.>

EC Defiler

10-13-2012

CC him with death.