Shaco and high elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingsolara

01-05-2013

Okay so I understand the whole "give shaco to a good player and nightmares begin" myth. But in all honesty I strive to watch shaco games played in high elo whenever I can. And I can honestly say a lot of them do not do the myths justice. Most of them lose their team the game and become useless.

So why exactly is he always banned? Just in case someone good might be there?
The old "enemy shaco will pwn, your shaco will feed" myth?

Why waste the ban?

Coaches

01-05-2013

Because it's high risk high reward. When we don't ban Shaco and the other team has it we are all in protect mode. If it turns out he isn't good then it's extreme relief and its basically a 4v5.

Khryll

01-05-2013

But if he is good, you get blowed on. Also, OP's attitude often causes you to play pretty aggressively, even if they do have a Shaco. You figure "He's probably bad". If he's not, he's going to feed off you.

OdinWolfe

01-05-2013

I miss season 2 jungle.
Shaco was such a relaxed play for me
It was incredibly simple to just come in and stab people down and let the lane get fed.
Now if you don't get a GOOD leash you don't have enough hp for ganks (in general)

Kingsolara

01-05-2013

I guess it's because he's annoying?
that's the only solution I can come up with.
He makes you look for the orange smoke and adjust your playstyle.

Just wondered if there was any other reason.

Shadowed Ruby

01-05-2013

Some people consider Shaco an ''anti fun'' champion, and a lot of bans (Amumu, Alistar, Blitzcrank) are not so much because they pwn (even though amumu is nasty) but because they drastically reduce the fun one has while playing.