Players conspiring to have me reported/banned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThreeMartinis

10-11-2012

I'm new, and I acknowledge that so I hang out in the beginner bots rooms. But there's been a few instances where players would come in and conspire with the team to have me reported/banned in a beginner bot room. The room where the game suggests you start Iif you're new to the game. A player specifically called me retarded and told me to enjoy my ban. All because I went mid with Jax, a technique I saw the match prior and the player did very well so I thought I would learn Jax.

Why do people who claim they are pro, which is a statement he made, come to a beginner room vs bots just to conspire to have noobs banned?

Kaalika

10-11-2012

I'm confused what you mean by conspire to have you reported/banned. What happened?

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

You can't be banned for being bad at the game (especially at low lvls when EVERYONE is bad at the game), as long as you are trying your best.

ThreeMartinis

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
I'm confused what you mean by conspire to have you reported/banned. What happened?
A specific player, which cannot be named here, asked and demanded repeatedly during the game that all the players report me. He believed with enough reports, he will have me banned. The other players, not knowing if they were experienced or noobs like myself, then became convinced and added in on the constant offensive attitude against myself. I take it all with a grain of salt, but it's completely uncool that seasoned players would do such a thing. Games that I've become good at, in due time, I've always helped the newbies to the furthest extent that I could possibly do. But I know everyone is not like that.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-11-2012

On the other hand, you can be banned for abusing the report system and using it to harass other players.

(Don't worry, a player reporting you doesn't mean anything on its own unless you were behaving like a jerk.)

ACGIFT

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMartinis View Post
A specific player, which cannot be named here, asked and demanded repeatedly during the game that all the players report me. He believed with enough reports, he will have me banned. The other players, not knowing if they were experienced or noobs like myself, then became convinced and added in on the constant offensive attitude against myself.
It's not enough to simply get a bunch of reports. If you get consistently reported over time across multiple games, THEN the automated Tribunal system will open up a case on you. But that alone won't be enough to get you banned.

Rather, once a tribunal case is opened, a majority of PLENTY of anonymous people, who will look at your case anonymously, (they won't be able to see which summoner names, levels, etc anyone has) and then decide if your behavior was toxic enough to warrant punishment.

From what it sounds like, you did nothing actually wrong: you didn't insult the others in the game, resort to crude language in a derogatory manner, intentionally feed in an obvious manner, spam, or do anything like that. As an added bonus, everyone else DID do at least one of those offensive things. So odds are very much in your favor you'll be seen as completely in the clear.

However, if the other player that tried to get you banned happened to act like that repeatedly, then they will get reported in many of those games, and a Tribunal case for THEM will be opened... And how do you think the Tribunal participants will react when they look and see his abusive chat messages?

Leiralei

10-12-2012

That's awful, I hope you reported that person for harrassment.

ThreeMartinis

10-12-2012

I did in fact create a counter verbal harassment report and asked whomever reads them to refer to the chat log of the previous match. A few of my RL friends play this game from college and one of them does partake in the tribunal and he also convinced me that I should be fine. I still enjoy the game and I won't get into a match that matters unless I know what I'm doing! No reason for others to get upset.

Creepy4

10-12-2012

Assuming you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. The players are jerks sometimes, but so long as you remain level-headed and don't stoop to their level you'll be fine.