Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumsmash View Post
Riot i know someone Who has been elo boosting people lately. I dont wanna give out any names but send me a message and i can provide.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

Send it to them.

Kyizen

10-14-2012

gj RIOT

AphrooCircus

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
They are skilled players who earned their ratings through their own merits. We felt that the two week ban, the loss of an income stream (as these players were often profiting from these activities), and a bunch of unhappy customers who have suddenly lost what they paid for was an appropriate punishment.
I don't know about loss of an income. robertxlee is doing just fine with 3k viewers leveling up his new account. GG(:

lordzenchi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

They need to hand out harsher punishment to these people... some of these look more like a "slap" on the wrist.

SISTAR Soyu

10-14-2012

What other punishment could you give them? LOL Robert has already been leveling up a new account. So, Riot just forced another smurf account? So more low elo players can lose unfairly?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Ib4 some of those [censored] guys Open threads in Gd crying "wtf riot i was 1500 gold and no get janna skin?", yous should really post this in the news page.

inLOVE Anna

10-14-2012

nicely done

LittleDi

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Ib4 some of those [censored] guys Open threads in Gd crying "wtf riot i was 1500 gold and no get janna skin?", yous should really post this in the news page.
I'd say sticky it at the top of the forum?

Monocerus

10-15-2012

kĘnto would be one of the boosted accounts. some 2.3k went on his account and played.. i am still unsure which 2.3k he wouldnt tell me... but i feel cheated its unfair to have someone raise your elo

IWinByLosing

10-15-2012

Been 3 days, 31 pages later, and no update from Yegg.