Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icephere

10-12-2012

well, even people that are gold go on their friends accounts and just boost them or make teams and let them play games on them just so they can get gold or w/e. I just think it's not going to make much of a difference. I'd say a lot of people are boosting accounts, not just the people who are actually doing elo jobs.

BapBap

10-12-2012

Is duo que with smurfs legal?

Icephere

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMasonOP View Post
don't see why not, if someone wants to make another account just to smurf then it shouldn't be considered boosting or cheating.

IS186afbf367d955

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
These players specifically put themselves out there by streaming their activities. We felt that it was important that everyone knew what happened since these are visible names in the community, rather than having to speculate about every streamer that happens to not be active today.

We won't be listing the names of the boosting recipients who were banned, or of the players who are banned in our ongoing analysis.
I agree with Capt america. These players tried and made profits from those rewards. They shouldn't get them.

TheFlyingSpoon

10-12-2012

gj wd wp

Bernieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Under what category can one report people who ELO boost? I've had a couple people admit it openly when in my team and when on the enemy team as well.

2ndMizukage

10-12-2012

ignore this comment.. I realized how stupid is was.

ardulus25

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
I've personally looked into Aphromoo's case and haven't seen conclusive evidence of Elo boosting as of yet. He does play on other summoner names but his patterns don't match those of a typical Elo boost seller:

1. He consistently plays on the same accounts over a period of weeks or months.
2. Those accounts are generally rated 2000 or above and have already qualified for Diamond rewards.

Compare this to one of the players targeted here, who would:

1. Log into new accounts frequently, often three or more a week.
2. Stop playing those accounts as soon as they hit a threshold such as 1500.
3. Never return to that account once the rating has been achieved.

That said, not being targeted by this initial wave doesn't mean that a player who has engaged in Elo boosting is safe. If his name comes up in our next analysis, he'll be treated just like any other player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYDg8tzp05w&t=25m55s

Thoughts?

ardulus25

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMasonOP View Post
Yes. The activity being banned is allowing a high elo player on your account so they can personally play and boost elo.

George MichaeI

10-12-2012

Looks like riot needs to look a bit harder at cases, you got a red claiming aphromoo seems clean and now this... pitiful.

If you really want to clean up ranked queues, do this... make there significantly better incentives to play ranked 5s... and make the requirement to qualify for a team rating, playing over 50% of the games. Also make it so weak players can't play the easy 50% and then get boosted by the ringers afterwards.