Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IWinByLosing

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
hafu "Rumay" does the same thing with one of her twitch moderator's accounts, lol.
I made a thread about it: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post29629877

AND Hafu pulls in more viewers than robertxlee, Only Jaximus, yangfushang, and dye44 combined.

But Yegg turning a blind eye to it.

Orisai

10-12-2012

Aphromoo admits he does elo jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYDg8tzp05w&t=25m55s

DrSleuthXIII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

woo now to get 250 elo in 12 days o.O

HellaChobo

10-12-2012

I like Robertxlee, but I'm glad to see Riot being proactive about this. Elo boosting ruins games.

Shemsu Hor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

So what about all the people who have lost ELO due to these players?

Icephere

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
No reason to be butthurt over it. Riot would end up banning over a quarter of the community for doing "elo boosting" anyways, so that wouldn't really benefit them.

Fnordicator

10-12-2012

There are some small pitfalls to elo boosting. I saw goodguygary boosting someone's elo from 350. He made the mistake of not looking at the names of the masteries or runes, can't remember which, before he started streaming. When he opened them up they were full of racial slurs, which quite embarassed him. I laughed. Joke was on him.

Quitch

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephere View Post
No reason to be butthurt over it. Riot would end up banning over a quarter of the community for doing "elo boosting" anyways, so that wouldn't really benefit them.
LOL. No.

The percentage of boosters is really low, and I disagree. Elo boosting is cheating. Fighting cheating within your game is not bad for you in any way or form. People need to know that Elo is not something you should be able to buy. It's like buying a Master's Degree.

Colbyjack7

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephere View Post
So since most people cheat, it should just be allowed from your logic.

Guttler

10-12-2012

Yegg, please answer this:

Why weren't the players selling elo boosts and players buying them permabanned?

My reasoning for why they should be permabanned:

So let's say you buy an elo boost. You want to get from 1200 to 1500 for gold rewards. To gain the 300 elo needed to reach 1500 the elo booster will have to win 22 games in a row.

The elo booster and the elo boost buyer have ruined the game for 110 players on other teams be giving them unfair losses.

Comparatively, If a player were to intentionally feed ranked games they would quickly find themselves permabanned by tribunal. Four games per case is average in tribunal so a player would probably not even be able to feed for 22 ranked games before being permabanned.

Remember it is the elo boost buyer who ruins those 22 games. The elo boost seller works on multiple accounts and ruins an exponential amount of games. Both buying and seller deserve to be permabanned based on sheer numbers of players impacted by there dishonest/unfair actions.