Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leondre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
I think this is a wierd question, but what happens to an account that had overlap?

Aka, they get boosted early in the season, then actually get good and then themselves perform elo boosting services? Would they get both punishments? Or would the capacity to elo boost mean that they deserve the season rewards?

Yea, I'm that guy that thinks about those things.
Wondering the same thing.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

You guys need to be really careful with this...i personally play on 5 different computers...2 of them are laptops so they are played all over the place and i travel alot...I might stop playing on my laptops. I'm scared. lol...But i need to play ranked to 1500...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemiddleman2 View Post
I play on my laptop from home, school, and various other locations therefore it will show my account being played on multiple IP addresses. Will I still have to worry especially as my elo has increased so dramatically in the last few months.
^ like this guy.

Sagovirus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We recently announced the Season 2 ranked rewards, and since then we’ve seen occurrences of highly skilled players logging into the accounts of other players and dominating games in order to qualify that account for additional rewards. Some streamers have even been openly advertising these services and engaging in this in front of thousands of viewers. This is unacceptable. We strongly believe that ranked rewards should be fairly earned by the recipients.

Not only is account sharing against the Terms of Use, and not only does it undermine the spirit of fair play, but it also affects many innocent players who find themselves battling a player whose true Elo is 1000 or more points above theirs.

Today we’ve issued the following punishments:

- Two week suspensions for the accounts of a few streamers that we’ve confirmed were engaging in this behavior: robertxlee, Only Jaximus, yangfushang, and dye44.

- Seven day suspensions for the accounts that received Elo boosts from these players. These accounts have lost all eligibility for Season 2 rewards and have had their ranked Elo reset to an appropriate level.

We’re also in the midst of an analysis that will identify other players who have clearly participated in Elo boosting over the past several months. Once the list is finalized we’ll be taking similar action against those accounts.

The integrity of ranked play is extremely important to us, and to that end we will continue monitoring for these behaviors going forward. Permanent bans will be issued to players who are found engaging in Elo boosting in the future.

For the vast majority of players who have competed fairly throughout Season 2, you have nothing to worry about. There are twelve days left to earn rewards before the season end date of October 23. Good luck and have fun!
More than two years to act on public and blattant ELO boosting by pretty much all the top NA (and some EU) players/streamers, with Riot forums advertising and so on, and them PUBLICLY doing so SURE proves how MUCH you care about that and the toxicity it induce in the game.....

You Rioters starts to be more and more showing your true side, it's pathetic.

Randith

10-11-2012

Thanks for this. Three games I lost the other day, to players that smashed their lanes in, and then proceeded to destroy the rest of the game with the lead they had. They boasted that they were on smurfs after the game.

This kind of bites, as it makes the chance of hitting gold unlikely when combined with other issues: Such as being forced to 4v5 when a player does not connect to the loading screen, and never makes it into the game (why allow games like these to start? It makes no sense.) Or obvious trolls: lack of an adc on your team in champ select. Double picks of same role for same lane. Etc..

Anyway, good. They deserve the ban.

ncrwhale

10-11-2012

Out of curiosity, what were people charging?

badness

10-11-2012

wow. GJ riot. I personally think that the people offering these services should receive a harsher punishment. Because the high elo players that are charging for this service are not the only problem. There's a lot of high elo players doing this for their friends for free.

Aerophobia

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
This is only the beginning. We're in the midst of a full analysis and will be issuing further bans once we've identified other players and accounts that have engaged in Elo boosting. This should happen in the next couple weeks.
You sir....are the boss. Nicely done, keep up the good work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

Phoof

10-11-2012

I had about the most exciting thing happen to me this last month - I had been Gold S1, but struggled around 1400 in S2, dipping almost to 1300. However, I manned up, focused, played a couple games a night, and ended up with a 10+ game winning spree, bringing me from low 1300 to 1525 before I finally lost a match. I played almost mono-Sona, with a Soraka and a couple WW's in there if I recall, which is pretty much exactly what I have been playing all season (Mono-support). Am I in danger of being identified as having my ELO powerleveled?

HughMyronbrough

10-11-2012

I still think its a problem that female LoL players are getting Elo Jobs from high elo boyfriends in exchange for other kinds of jobs.

1) It has the same problems that typical Elo Jobs bring.
2) It justifies negative portrayals of women as inferior players who need their boyfriends to achieve anything.

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
Bump.