Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salvationier

10-11-2012

Awsome job guys.

Now assuming you were able to group these boosted acounts together with these streamers by im guessing IP or chat logs. Can you do the same thing to fight against smurfs so that we have a steady flow of new player base instead of people being screwed over by these high elo smurfs.

summoz

10-11-2012

I wouldn't mind 1v1'ing someone who is 1000 ELO higher than myself lol

Whizzard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Because you shouldn't make money off of playing LoL unless riot explicitly tells you its ok... >.>

Verlux

10-11-2012

Hey Yegg, I'm gonna go ahead and post this regardless of the fact that I'm probably gonna get severely downvoted but is there any way to report a player who admits to elo boosting in pre-game lobby? Recently ran into a summoner, WickeD by name, who was elo boosting by playing TF mid and was quite an amazing player, but openly admitted to elo boosting. I played against him, and then with him, and both times his team won pretty much due only to his playing as TF.
What can be done against players like this???

Exentrick

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadshotCalamity View Post
What are the odds of you falsely identifying a player for elo boosting?
They probably have logs of which IPs people log in from and stuff. If this is the case, the odds are 0.

Exentrick

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvationier View Post
Awsome job guys.

Now assuming you were able to group these boosted acounts together with these streamers by im guessing IP or chat logs. Can you do the same thing to fight against smurfs so that we have a steady flow of new player base instead of people being screwed over by these high elo smurfs.
Smurfs are okay as players that are genuinely smurfing act no different than a new player to ranked could if they had the skill. They will quickly climb up close to their true Elo rating and it won't be a problem.

FiteMeRiteNow

10-11-2012

sorry i missed a part on your post my bad.

rumeeeeeeeh

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Very low. For this initial wave of bans, we were able to use a heavily manual process as we were only targeting a small number of people. We always err on the side of caution when banning players and only move forward when we're sure.
how many bans were issued

GeminiAsmita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

how bout aphrommoo riot not answer this yet lol . fkin corrupt company

QQ Bro

10-11-2012

oh my god. i love you guys riot! holy shiat words cant express...