Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaBear777

10-11-2012

thank you justice

SwingOutSoul

10-11-2012

supplier go too so far enough to lose balance .

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
They are skilled players who earned their ratings through their own merits. We felt that the two week ban, the loss of an income stream (as these players were often profiting from these activities), and a bunch of unhappy customers who have suddenly lost what they paid for was an appropriate punishment.
oops smurfs.

TiKD

10-11-2012

So the difference between ELO boosting and just making another account is....? The one game you play against a high elo players isn't nearly as harsh as the millions of idiots who play this game and AFK/Troll/talk smack all game and do nothing or pick stupid champs to get you to dodge.

Hell, I'd love to play against high elo players more often to see how I'm progressing.

WestCoastPimpin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

finally is all i have to say

Only Jaximus

10-11-2012

Well deserved

TiKD

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Jaximus View Post
Well deserved
How DARE you play against people who are worse than you! (even through the ELO fluctuation and stomping people anyways at high elo's)

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
Bump.

Ogacon

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Jaximus View Post
Well deserved
You must have other accounts/smurfs that they don't know about that you can still play off-stream (so they don't know of it)?

I feel bad, but I don't. GJ humbly accepting the blame. Honor 4 you! Humble in defeat!

saltypasta

10-11-2012

I've legitimately won my last 12 out of 13 ranked games, I hope they do extensive research before like banning any accounts for elo boosting lol.