Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bezant Gebal

10-11-2012

That's weird that 4 weeks ago I did a smuf epidemic thread that went nowhere: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29084721

and now robertxlee is banned. I feel kinda bad cause he's a good guy who I got good advice from watching. I imagine most of them are decent folks, which is why it'd be lame to make them ineligible for rewards, particularly as this is the first time Riot has cracked down on this. Perhaps in the future the punishments can be more severe.

3nFamuS

10-11-2012

Endoskeleton is boosting iiS2ii account he has straight up said to me that he's boosting others ELO and he makes it very blatant but his scores are not that consistent. He plays a lot of Eve on his main account 'Endoskeleton' and iiS2ii hasn't played Eve until he started to boost his ELO and the main owner of iiS2ii doesn't play Eve, I have sent emails to Riot about Endoskeleton ddosing in matches too!(Endoskeleton has already been suspended for a week but is getting unsuspended in about 1 or 2 days)

Ailias

10-11-2012

Quote:
BlackSantaClaus:
check aphromoo chat log i bet tons of elo boosting conversation there. that should be enough proof. suprise you dont consider this method to track down or you just purposely let it slide.

If you mean the Twitch chat, I mod that channel a lot and see no such talk.

Operateur4

10-11-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
This is only the beginning. We're in the midst of a full analysis and will be issuing further bans once we've identified other players and accounts that have engaged in Elo boosting. This should happen in the next couple weeks.

It BEGINS. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6V66Nd2W9s)

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Vaqxinelol:
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.

^

Spiritside

10-11-2012

This is absolutely rampant. I can't believe how many high Elo smurfs I get on either team.. or people who have been Elo boosted. It makes ranked a nightmare.

Mother Bucker

10-11-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669345

Augustine

10-11-2012

Quote:
mojodarkale:
This is absolutely rampant. I can't believe how many high Elo smurfs I get on either team.. or people who have been Elo boosted. It makes ranked a nightmare.

Imo only elo boosting and keeping another account at a low elo on purpose to stomp is bad.

A lot of players at 2.3k elo and above and very long queue times (30 minutes sometimes), so I feel it's reasonable for those guys to make another account (or assume an unused account) to play the game back up to a high elo by actually playing their best.

An example would be NyJacky who has a lot of smurfs because his main account has 30 minute queue times frequently. NyJacky's smurfs are all around 2k elo though because he actually tries his best in those games and simply just wants lower queue times. This is not any different from a good player going into ranked and raising his elo through simply being good.
If anyone knows of Stonewall he used to only play normals and then one day decided to play ranked, at which point he went straight to platinum (which was the highest rank at that time). How is that any different from a good player already at 2.6k elo making a new account and going straight to 2k+ elo on the smurf?

OAsteriaO

10-11-2012

What about Hafu? Her main is rumay and she boosted the account called Hurious by using Ahri most of the time and said she was just helping a friend. (from 1100 to 1500+) and her main is like 2300.

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

Quote:
OAsteriaO:
What about Hafu? Her main is rumay and she boosted the account called Hurious by using Ahri most of the time and said she was just helping a friend. (from 1100 to 1500+) and her main is like 2300.

Her main is not 2300 lol She got elo boosted by aphro (by duoing and carrying her) for days. I say her actual skill level is around 1700-800 :P