Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perih Vashai

10-11-2012

Posting actual names: Exactly what Riot tells you NOT TO DO when bringing up an issue in the forums.

Demp

10-11-2012

I wonder if they looked into Chu8...

http://imgur.com/pDA8Z

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perih Vashai View Post
Posting actual names: Exactly what Riot tells you NOT TO DO when bringing up an issue in the forums.
We all want blood. Stop acting like a saint pretending like you don't ZzZZZz.

Chromaggus

Master Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
bump.

A Bronze V Noob

10-11-2012

Just sent a support ticket to report someone who I know for a fact said he was elo boosting. I feel better now.

Perih Vashai

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
We all want blood. Stop acting like a saint pretending like you don't ZzZZZz.
I don't "want blood." I happen to watch more than one of those streams and can tell you that some of them are positive influences in all of their games, regardless of the Elo they're playing at (never negative, always making helpful suggestions to team mates).

CH4MPBrad159357

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
You know, honestly riot, as a player who played ranked at 6, 7, or 8 games a day in november, and climbed from the mid 900's to the mid 1600's in november, the recent activity of these people have really made ranked a pain in the ass in the 1300's.

You can clearly tell people who are boosted. I mean, honestly, I dominate every lane I'm in by a large margin, but then I look at other lanes and they're dominating even HARDER than I am. And I'm a 1600+ player playing in the 1300's, which makes you wonder who the hell these other people are.

It's just crumby to see happen, and makes me regret the idea I had that, since my rating was stagnent @ ~1630, I could let my elo decay and worry about it at the end. Obviously not.

I don't think the players who are doing the jobs deserve a reward. They're screwing honest people like me out of our own rewards, that although earlier in the season, we've earned. I should have no issue getting back to 1500, yet it's been near impossible. Instead of losing 2 out of 10 games on my way up, I'm losing 45% of my games, which is ridiculous. That's a huge shift in %. More than double. Punish the people doing it harder than the people receiving it.
yeah because there are boosters in all 45% of your games right? It's really obvious that almost half of the people playing ranked are elo boosters and the problem is definitely not your skill level or anything like that. LOL.

Uiraya

10-11-2012

This is great, but it's a little late, don't you think? The effects of these boosters has introduced a negative effect on many, many players trying to play fair to increase their rank, and now there is less than two weeks to repair the damage they have done.

While punishing those responsible is great, has there been any consideration given to leniency for those affected? I'm mostly talking about the Janna skin, and how many people might want it are very likely to not earn it due to a number of factors, not the least of which being having to deal with smurfs who just happen to not be on your side. Some possible options to consider:

1) Extend the deadline for season 2 rewards. (Possibly not feasible, just throwing it out there.)

2) Lower the threshold for the skin from gold to silver I or II.

3) If your top elo + your combined honor points is at least 1500, you get the skin.

It would be wonderful if anything along these lines could be considered. Thanks.
~Uiru

Sarang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiraya View Post
This is great, but it's a little late, don't you think? The effects of these boosters has introduced a negative effect on many, many players trying to play fair to increase their rank, and now there is less than two weeks to repair the damage they have done.

While punishing those responsible is great, has there been any consideration given to leniency for those affected? I'm mostly talking about the Janna skin, and how many people might want it are very likely to not earn it due to a number of factors, not the least of which being having to deal with smurfs who just happen to not be on your side. Some possible options to consider:

1) Extend the deadline for season 2 rewards. (Possibly not feasible, just throwing it out there.)

2) Lower the threshold for the skin from gold to silver I or II.

3) If your top elo + your combined honor points is at least 1500, you get the skin.

It would be wonderful if anything along these lines could be considered. Thanks.
~Uiru
yeah I feel like what he said is pretty dead on, it really should be too late to be introducing this because I know lots of people that are going to fall through the cracks and not get banned but they were boosted hard, and other people will get wrongfully banned even though you say it's a "small percentage", you're also harsh-fully punishing people that paid lots of money to get these elo's, I seen people sell 2000+ for 1 dollar per elo and that's expensive and people would buy it

Jayce Soulo Top

10-11-2012

Does that mean RobertxLee is banned cause he boosted over 20 accounts or more