Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlacksmithAlpha

10-11-2012

have you looked into the account mahyar? he boosts on stream but he doesn't charge, is that an offense?

selfmurder

10-11-2012

this is why my elo is so low i get this pro in enemy team and i lose elo i demand atleast +500 elo

Lover Boy

10-11-2012

Is there a way we can report these people for Elo boosting? I have someone on my friendslist who blatantly admits to buying his Elo and even gloats about it. I have sent in a ticket about him also.

CH4MPBrad159357

10-11-2012

Riot against elo boosting? That's Funny, because I remember Tryndamere getting elo boosts from Only_Jaximus multiple times.

1scythe1

10-11-2012

Cheating in world championships = allowed

elo boosting by random ppl = not allowed

riots favoritism towards a featured pro streamer that elo jobs = allowed

rofl riot, you are hilarious!

HughMyronbrough

10-11-2012

What will Riot do about the problem of female players who receive Elo Jobs from High Elo boyfriends in exchange for...other kinds of jobs?

Devare

10-11-2012

So to be fair. Couldn't a 2500 player duo queuing with a ~1200 player and essentially bringing them to like 1500-1800+ be boosting? More so if it is a smurf of a 2500 duoing with an actual low elo player and "carrying" them to a gold, platinum or diamond rating. Can't that be considered boosting as well? If not; well then what is to stop people from just doing that and the "carrier" being paid via paypal or some other method? I mean technically it's boosting, but at the same time it is just using RIOT's system to how people seem fit for it to be. Just what exactly is there to stop players and boosters from just doing that?

TanisGosu

10-11-2012

Great job on this riot.

GT08

10-11-2012

How about itshafu?

http://www.twitch.tv/itshafu/videos

Does it all the time and has videos of recording it.

I'm a fan of hers but dislike when people do this.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

You know, honestly riot, as a player who played ranked at 6, 7, or 8 games a day in november, and climbed from the mid 900's to the mid 1600's in november, the recent activity of these people have really made ranked a pain in the ass in the 1300's.

You can clearly tell people who are boosted. I mean, honestly, I dominate every lane I'm in by a large margin, but then I look at other lanes and they're dominating even HARDER than I am. And I'm a 1600+ player playing in the 1300's, which makes you wonder who the hell these other people are.

It's just crumby to see happen, and makes me regret the idea I had that, since my rating was stagnent @ ~1630, I could let my elo decay and worry about it at the end. Obviously not.

I don't think the players who are doing the jobs deserve a reward. They're screwing honest people like me out of our own rewards, that although earlier in the season, we've earned. I should have no issue getting back to 1500, yet it's been near impossible. Instead of losing 2 out of 10 games on my way up, I'm losing 45% of my games, which is ridiculous. That's a huge shift in %. More than double. Punish the people doing it harder than the people receiving it.