Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS19c96033d7dd632c8f3a8

10-11-2012

I saw XJ9 elo boosting on stream.... he boosted the accounts

I Pet Cats 420 (originally Klariti) to 1800
DJ Ehpick (originally Ehpick) to 2210
DJ Lambo
Metanoid to 1700
Pony Boy

been watching this guy on stream for a while now. I'm glad some justice is finally being served. I work hard as a player and want fair game.

Brotho

10-11-2012

Boy, i like how aphromoo slips under the radar since he's actually featured by riot... STUPID...

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

+1

Live Lavish

10-11-2012

ppl who boost ppls elo on stream should lose eligibility for season 2 rewards as well

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
Bump for red response

Razorfur

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
hey riot ! I elo boosted about 30 people in total and streamed most of it ! i feel like in should confess ! please dont ban me from your awesome game I LOVE IT SO MUCH LEAGUE OF legends amggggggggggg

Mind boosting me br0? Kappa

Brotho

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebate View Post
i am glad i brought up the issue to you guys and action was taken. I would like to continue working with you guys on the issue as soon as one of you comes online again.

Feel free to add me in game yegg.
we found the source of the idiocy... Get him! Get him!

Adun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
This is only the beginning. We're in the midst of a full analysis and will be issuing further bans once we've identified other players and accounts that have engaged in Elo boosting. This should happen in the next couple weeks.
So what happens to people who were Elo boosted when Season 2 ends? Do they get their rewards revoked when Riot catches them?

BunnyMilk

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy Crets View Post
Yegg, I have done this and so have others(Not in terms of boosting).
Asking for help on Competitive forums is ban worthy? Cause I have asked but never offered to pay anyone
or have asked anyone to log on my account.

I main support mostly and really want Janna's skin, so I've asked for help. If this is punishable I'll stop today.
asking for help and duoing with someone is not punishable, having someone login to ur account and playing on it is.

dKtiGERR

10-11-2012

I've been in games where people have openly admitted to doing so, not sure if they were lying or not, but this punishment is so deserving of those who actually paid

Shame on Elo Boosters and those who had paid for the services.