Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sooner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

hey riot ! I elo boosted about 30 people in total and streamed most of it ! i feel like in should confess ! please dont ban me from your awesome game I LOVE IT SO MUCH LEAGUE OF legends amggggggggggg

Weed of Legends

Master Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
hey riot ! I elo boosted about 30 people in total and streamed most of it ! i feel like in should confess ! please dont ban me from your awesome game I LOVE IT SO MUCH LEAGUE OF legends amggggggggggg
Should've apologized sooner

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
you need a tinfoil hat my friend. Facebook and Google take and sell your private personal information to the highest bidders. That is exploitation.

You have just as much right (if not far more) to play League of Legends, as you do to join your local country club... and Riot has a similar right to kick you out, or ban you from ever coming back and keep your money, based on the legal contract you signed with them as the terms of letting you participate. This has nothing to do with "online" rights, lack of government protections, or any such BS.

The only way I've seen Riot "exploit" people, is by having a free to play game. They are exploiting low barriers to entry, and the fact that you have tons of people to play against at basically any skill level. freebie moochers of the game are being "exploited" to provide evolving and consistently challenging "human opponents" for more fun experience for the paying customers. This in turn, (according to Riots evil master game plan) means that the moochers get to enjoy the same experience and they too might become paying customers.

It's all about as Evil as a purring kitten.
There is no evil master plan. That's just how the real world works :O Companies exploit whatever they can to turn it into profit or an advantage. For example, if u ever get legitimately hacked and you lose everything u have; Riot can just tell you: nope, we aren't giving u **** back. And there is NOTHING u can do about it, regardless of how much money, time or effort u put into your account. This isn't my first MMO amor; I know how this rolls.

Deltch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Perhapps this should be on the announcements page so everybody knows? Just a thought.

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I guess it's time for me to confess too :S I elo boosted my friend's account from 1500 to 980 in under a week. I'm that awesome, hit me up if u need help bro.

Fractured Amarid

10-11-2012

Finallyyyyyyy

SeeMyPho

10-11-2012

@yegg; IP tracking

Topsy Crets

10-11-2012

Yegg, I have done this and so have others(Not in terms of boosting).
Asking for help on Competitive forums is ban worthy? Cause I have asked but never offered to pay anyone
or have asked anyone to log on my account.

I main support mostly and really want Janna's skin, so I've asked for help. If this is punishable I'll stop today.

natfef

10-11-2012

It's pretty cool that a guy who is friends with the President of Riot is not immune to punishment for breaking ToS.

ChiefGooroo

10-11-2012

so how much will this affect people who play league from a decent amount of IPs?