Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gafugarion

10-11-2012

Stuff like this is why I love riot as a company. =)

messymike

10-11-2012

Quote:
IcyCC:
"- Two week suspensions for the accounts of a few streamers that we’ve confirmed were engaging in this behavior: robertxlee, Only Jaximus, yangfushang, and dye44."

I think that \2 weeks suspensions are not enough for them....
while their main accounts are being banned...
it'll encourage them to use others' account..doing the same elo boosting job....
why dont u ban out their IP for 2 weeks...
that will be resonable to me

thing is, they are streamers, i am 100% sure that if they were not streamers, their account would have been permabanned. but riot has a soft spot for streamers and pro players and allows them to skate by, its just the nature of the business

Baptise

10-11-2012

Not sure if yegg will reply to me on this one but i'm truly curious on somthing.

I myself actually know what robertxlee charges for elo jobs. even though iam far from a bad player, and i probably deserve my elo bracket of 1500-1700 which i hover at his rates are 100% of the reason why i never actually bought a elo job from robertxlee. he charges 50$ per 100 elo under 1800, and over 1800 it's 100$ per 100 elo. which is outrageous. resetting the player who bought their elojob is going to make them lose a LOT of money, and wouldn't this actually be sue-able? sure, account sharing is against the tos. and so is elo jobs. but paying hundreds of dollars, and then getting elo reset. while you can see they deserve it because they bought a rating, that is losing HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. and getting banned for losing hundreds of dollars. i don't think resetting their elo is fair, because if they bought an elo job, they do not belong at the elo they will be at after, which means they will sink back down. giving them their rating they got boosted too i believe is fair, because they payed so much for it, despite it being against the tos. but removing their rewards for season2 (which is probably the main reason for buying a boost) and banning them are completely understandable. i think resetting their elo back is too far though. this could be just me, but we're talking about hundreds of dollars from this individual, against the TOS or not.

ToadKillerDog7

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Very cool.
I hated seeing this happen.

It may not be much, but I worked hard to get the silver ranking I have, so it felt really unfair to see it being done in such a dirty, cheating way.

AvariceX

10-11-2012

This should be an instant lifetime ban; 2 weeks is WAY too soft. These guys made away like bandits with hundreds of dollars they really won't care if they get to take a break for 2 weeks. Ban them, end of story.

Otherwise this is good news.

ToadKillerDog7

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Baptise:
Not sure if yegg will reply to me on this one but i'm truly curious on somthing.

I myself actually know what robertxlee charges for elo jobs. even though iam far from a bad player, and i probably deserve my elo bracket of 1500-1700 which i hover at his rates are 100% of the reason why i never actually bought a elo job from robertxlee. he charges 50$ per 100 elo under 1800, and over 1800 it's 100$ per 100 elo. which is outrageous. resetting the player who bought their elojob is going to make them lose a LOT of money, and wouldn't this actually be sue-able? sure, account sharing is against the tos. and so is elo jobs. but paying hundreds of dollars, and then getting elo reset. while you can see they deserve it because they bought a rating, that is losing HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. and getting banned for losing hundreds of dollars. i don't think resetting their elo is fair, because if they bought an elo job, they do not belong at the elo they will be at after, which means they will sink back down. giving them their rating they got boosted too i believe is fair, because they payed so much for it, despite it being against the tos. but removing their rewards for season2 (which is probably the main reason for buying a boost) and banning them are completely understandable. i think resetting their elo back is too far though. this could be just me, but we're talking about hundreds of dollars from this individual, against the TOS or not.

Um...no.
It's clearly against the rules, and if they lost out on hundreds of dollars as a result of a crackdown that that's their tough luck and loss. They shouldn't have been cheating. That would NEVER hold up in court.

They cheated and were found out, so they pay the price. Why should they get to keep the false rating they paid for, when it was clearly gained through underhanded cheating? So they can be proud of it and display it to their friends, and boast how wonderful they are? That's garbage. They didn't earn it and they're getting exactly what they deserve.

RiskShifter

10-11-2012

I don't know if this question is already posted but...

Can we take screenshots of people who advertise elo boosting in chatrooms and send it to Riot through the support channel or something to help get rid of some of these elo boosters?

Things Betwixed

10-11-2012

Finally! On a daily basis I see people. "Huuur this is my friends account, I am getting him out of low elo for season 2 skin."

I will be screenshotting these comments and sending them in.

ToadKillerDog7

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
AvariceX:
This should be an instant lifetime ban; 2 weeks is WAY too soft. These guys made away like bandits with hundreds of dollars they really won't care if they get to take a break for 2 weeks. Ban them, end of story.

Otherwise this is good news.

Exactly. And that's the problem.
They get a small slap on the wrist, but came up probably upwards of $300-500 if not much higher ahead in the end. They essentially made illegal money. Not only should they be permabanned, but this could also be grounds for legal action, possibly by Riot Games, and partially by the people who got suckered into paying them these outrageous fees.

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Vaqxinelol:
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.

Bump. Red response to my paragraph please.