Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattarias

10-11-2012

Awesome! Thanks Riot! Maybe now I'll have a better ch- TWELVE DAYS?! ಠ_ಠ Brb, ranked. Must.. Get.. Shiny gold border... ...Also... Sweet Janna skin..

octavian1127

10-11-2012

Hehe. Anyone else notice how the "Legal Jibber-Jabber" included the use of more tracking cookies? I bet correlating IP with elo gain on accounts has nothing to do with the analysis...

Scorpia

10-11-2012

not aphroomoo

Zacko7

10-11-2012

What will happen to those who are selling spots on high level teams to low level players? I understand that five games have to be won by that player on that team, but this is a very small barrier.

Adam P Lanza

10-11-2012

i dont understand why there are so many negative people on this thread, at least riot is doing something about it, many other gaming companies would not even care, a lot would think "we are profiting still, why care about it" glad to see a lot of people appreciate it as well

TristanPen

10-11-2012

Aphro did not elo boost people if he did was 1-2 players at most
where robert etc.. stream dozens of accounts been boosted

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
This is only the beginning. We're in the midst of a full analysis and will be issuing further bans once we've identified other players and accounts that have engaged in Elo boosting. This should happen in the next couple weeks.
by the way, aphromoo has had a banner running across the top of his stream saying he does elo jobs. lol

Vegas Dad

10-11-2012

You have restored my faith, I just hope you get most of them should be fairly obvious. PRetty much look for massive ADC + support win streaks win streaks. since this is the way they usually do it, they work in pairs 1 is support 1 is adc and they rampage bot lane and carry. You will need to monitor this all teh time though, people elo boost all season long.

lndent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

What about high level 3v3 teams like the one "she" is on, who are boosting their 3v3 elo for rewards. Ive seen and spoken to "she" about this

FrostTech

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealBrightness View Post
What about high level 3v3 teams like the one "she" is on, who are boosting their 3v3 elo for rewards. Ive seen and spoken to "she" about this
Also people like 408 and DJ LAMBO that have "Selling plat/dia 3v3 msg me" in their status message