Nocturne is not a true assassin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synnister

10-11-2012

People play Nocturne (incorrectly might I add) as a bruiser. Hell... I've even seen him played as a tank.

Not a fault of the champ. A fault of how people play the champ.

Furthermore, you, and most others around here, have no clue as to what constitutes an assassin.

Hint: high burst damage has little to nothing to do with it.

Zerglinator

10-11-2012

I still find it just too weird that you're supposed to build a living nightmare tanky. Dreams and nightmares should be fragile things...fragile and deadly...

wefwefwewef

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnister View Post
People play Nocturne (incorrectly might I add) as a bruiser. Hell... I've even seen him played as a tank.

Furthermore, you, and most others around here, have no clue as to what constitutes an assassin.

yes i do assassin= person who can kill a selected target quickly and gret out if possible

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

10-11-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:

Hey. I do not mean to be glib in saying this, but can you please tell us what you think an assassin in LoL means? It should help us focus the discussion.

ArcherGodBob

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Hey. I do not mean to be glib in saying this, but can you please tell us what you think an assassin in LoL means? It should help us focus the discussion.
An assassin is someone who can quickly get into a fight, assassinate a key target (AD/AP carry), then get out.

However, in the current cycle, there aren't enough champions with disengages as strong as assassins should have, the best being Katarina.

Raja Naga

10-11-2012

Quote:

This post is just flat-out wrong on several levels: why would you play Nocturne like Shaco or Talon? If not burst damage makes an assassin then escapes do. Nocturne has no escapes once he ults in either, poor ad ratios on his Q and R only, and he has good sustained base damage within his Q trail and W steroid. Furthermore, his only CC relies on you being exposed for of couple seconds. Beyond the depths of low elo, playing a melee with no escapes or burst while building full ad is just awful.

Apparently Oddone, Hotshot and every other competitive nocturne jungler is flat-out wrong.

Doctor Pepper MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

0/10

I almost fell for the trap.

Nibelheim

10-11-2012

Hm...

Samdrows

10-11-2012

I see a few problems with Nocturne at the moment.

1) His early/mid game are pretty solid, but at late game he falls off pretty hard.

2) One reason he falls off is that you can't build him straight up damage items; he has to build tanky because of how innately squishy he is.

3) Being tanky, late game his damage from just a Frozen Mallet is not going to be enough to take down a fully built ADC. His assassination abilities are void.

4) In this meta, most junglers become a secondary support. Nocturne being an assassin has no true "team support" skills. His ult has its blind affect, but it's not going to be used to save allies.

5) Being a "Wriggles" jungler rather than a "GP5" jungler, also contributes to his terrible scaling and how in this meta he just doesn't fit in.

6) He's another jungler if he has a bad early game, he becomes useless the rest of it.

Beertaster

10-11-2012

People forget the purpose of jungle, your assisting the gold of your teammates by securing kills for them.