Viability of Kayle Bot Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stinksworth

10-11-2012

The title should pretty well describe what I have in mind. I starting the game playing as Kayle and moved on to other supports such as Alistar and recently Lulu, both of which I enjoy but I started to consider playing Kayle again in this role considering my grasp of the game has greatly improved.

Should I give her a shot on bot as support and if so what suggestions might you have concerning partners/items/runes/strategies?

TwistWrist

10-11-2012

Personally, I think she is a mediocre support. Her Q is mediocre as a slow and only she benefits from the damage amplification. Heal has poor heal amount and the move speed increase isn't that big of a deal. Her E doesn't really help support except may for applying her passive. Ultimate isn't bad if you get the timing right but she just doesn't bring much as a support.

Pretty good solo top though depending on the match ups.

VarialTheFlayer

10-12-2012

Solo Top/Jungle, yes. Support, no. Ever since they nerfed her ratios into the ground she's trash support.

MeltedWater

10-12-2012

I use her as my 3rd choice for support (if the other 2 I play are banned/picked in draft) but maybe I should use someone else for my 3rd choice?

Moun7

10-12-2012

If you want to play her as support I would say go ahead. Keep in mind though, that other champions are far better suited to the support role, particularly ones with better cc or sustainability, and that your lane partner might get mad at your choice.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-12-2012

The problem she suffers from his how week her heal is compaired to other support champs. The speed buff is nice, but she doesn't have very good synergy with most ADCs. The up side is how effective her ult is for diving/escaping.

If you are considering adding another support with effective poke and team buffing you might consider Nunu. His snowball is a strong harass early, he can buff both his own and his carries Att/move speed, and he has great objective controll.

Taric is another great support, Hard CC compaired to Nunu and Kayles slows, a great heal, and 2 very strong auras that buff both Armor and Damage for an entire team.

Leona has high damage resist, and a whole butt load of CC, plus, anytime she damages an enemy with a spell your team can proc her passive. If you manage to hit a whole team with her R, E, and W they will be deal massive damage by a teams AoE.