Nidalee top lane GRRR!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krypteria

12-24-2012

First of all this is not an OP thread as Nidalee is not OP in any way shape or form.

Ok so im just finding Nidalee top lane very frustrating to play against and since the re-modeling there have been a lot of people playing her top lane and bot support even some mid but top lane is the most frustrating. When i play a champ like Darius (For example) its extremely difficult to dish out the damage and farm well when you have Nidalee constantly poking and harassing you with her Auto-attack and her Q and what makes it worse is she can just transform in to cougar form for a quick get away and use her E (In human form) to have reasonably long lasting sustain in the lane. Unless your playing a champ who has gap closer's or ranged harass ability's its extremely frustrating to farm and shut her down, you could get your jungler to gank but she just uses her W to ward the river and counter ganks >.<

Any tips on how to counter this top lane poke-queen?
(Accept play Nidalee)

Krypteria

12-24-2012

Bump

Yonahtan

12-24-2012

nid has a lot of counters try picking one
for example Jax, Akali, Teemo, Irelia, Wukong, Pantheon, Diana, Ahri, Yorick, Katarina
try getting this items-Banshee's Veil, Hexdrinker
or even easier at your special preference
any champion that can get this stats
Healing Reduction, Crowd Control, Magic Resist

Krypteria

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEE712 View Post
nid has a lot of counters try picking one
for example Jax, Akali, Teemo, Irelia, Wukong, Pantheon, Diana, Ahri, Yorick, Katarina
try getting this items-Banshee's Veil, Hexdrinker
or even easier at your special preference
any champion that can get this stats
Healing Reduction, Crowd Control, Magic Resist
Thank you

Crai Crushna

12-24-2012

She is annoying to lane against in top lane but if you can not die early and learn how the opponent throws their spears, you can dodge them. It's all about baiting and getting in close with her. Yes, her cougar form is melee oriented but for some reason it's not that powerful. Yet again I am Jax, so when I see an AD NIdalee, I am happy as she will not hurt me.

Reats

12-24-2012

Cho'gath. I usually start with MR and a few pots against a nidalee. Spears don't even hurt.

first time Vayne

12-24-2012

You should never give her the opportunity to hit you with a spear. Either keep a minion between you and her or anticipate them and dodge them. Start with cloth armor and health pots to minimize damage from her autoattack harass, as that will do more damage over the long term if you can learn how to dodge the spears (it's easy, you just have to get used to it).

Then just don't die for the first three or four levels, and you should be able to jump on her and force her out of lane, regardless of who you're playing. Set up a good gank pre-6 if you want to really shut her down. Nidalee's base stats are too low to be truly viable as a top lane AD bruiser, so you only have to worry about her harassment. Force her to duel, and she'll run every time -- you'll win trades, leading to winning your lane.

Dienasti

12-24-2012

Play Teemo.

Zeff520

12-24-2012

Everything JMEE712 said. I especially find jax and wukong and lee sin really good because of the gap closers. Yorick is just a beast top lane he'll counter anything haha. Stay behind minions to avoid Q's, don't depend on your jungler and make sure you warded that brush too, wrigglers is nice for top landers and junglers I find. Constantly warded brush, lfesteal, and quick cs clear with the extra minion damage %chance. Buy lots of pots to out sustain her. She'll most likely buy mana pots as nid has mana issues. Wukong and Lee Sin and Jax are nice because you can not only gap close to get to her, but to avoid her spear too. Wukong a decoy blocks the spear as well if you place It and stand just behind.

Krypteria

12-24-2012

Actually tried out Nidalee and she's a lot of fun i see why people love to play her (she does take a lot of practice to master though)