when is a good time to initiate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fraiyr

10-11-2012

I've been playing a bit of support recently, and aside from someone like blitz who its easy to initiate with, how do I know when is a good time to inititate? Most champs require you to run in there and hope to god your team follows your lead.

Is there a way to distinguish a team fight that would be more likely to turn out in your favor? Obviously diving under a turrent isn't too beneficial, but playing super defensive and hoping they get close enough to one of mine can't be the best game plan either. Any advice?

Fraiyr

10-11-2012

should have just tried a search before posting...

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=362269

seems legit.

Olaeceae

10-11-2012

usually when someone goes out to poke or whatever and is out of position. especially if that person is the AD/AP carry.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-12-2012

Don't forget to counter-initiate

Basically if you see the enemy initiate, get onto the high damage/squishy targets. Example Enemy Amumu has just bandage tossed+ulted and 3 team members are now snared. If you are Leona (who is great as a counter-initiator; second only to ali as a counter-initiatinng support) you want to make sure you are dropping R on as much of the enemy as possible, focusing on stunning the highest damage dealer. Pop Revelry + W into an E making sure to again hit as much of their team as possible. Finish with a Q on their damage dealer, again shutting down the damage being dealt to your team. W should explode at this point and you team has just dealt massive damage to a team that thought they had the advantage.

As a support it shouldn't be your job to initiate, generally speaking even "tanky" supports can be melted. You should always be ready to defend/die for your team. Most supports have strong counter-initiating ability though.