Do you think queue dodge timers should be linked?

Yes 5 33.33%
No 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Wait Time Between Dodges, Bring Coffee!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myabi

10-11-2012

Hello Riot (and any other readers)!

I know this post is a little long, but bear with me and sip your coffee...oh did you forget it?

I cant wait?

Have it yet? That's okay, you can do fine without it I suppose.

I've been playing your game for a long time, and recently decided I'd try to climb myself out of ELO Hell (which should deserve it's own thread, but I'm sure it's been beaten to death).

I just wanted to say thanks for forcing me to wait 30 minutes between games that I am forced to dodge.

My most recent escapade was when Olaf called top, and after Irelia first pick locked in, he refused to change his stance.

I just love getting matched with players who either don't speak English (granted some are good players, but you can't figure out what lane they are going and they have last pick...and never take the open role for the current meta) or getting stuck in matches were the team cohesion looks like you were trying to make a baked dish containing pasta, anti-bacterial soap and thumbtacks.

Now I understand, there's not much you can do. Taking an IQ or language test before you are allowed to queue with other players would take too much time, and probably force far too much of the player base out of the game, but I lose as many games as I win (if not tilted in the other direction) due to leavers, bad players, lack of communication, or just an awful comp.

I understand that a 5 man organized team is probably the best route to go, but as this would require me playing at normal times (I play anytime between 4 am until 9 am Central Time USA) this unfortunately is not an option. I understand some might say "Myabi, why don't you just play at normal times, then you would have better luck and could duo queue with friends." Unfortunately due to my work circumstances, my free time is limited to those morning ours slightly before, during, and just after Twilight (no sparkly vampires allowed).

ANYWAYS!

On to something constructive.

I would appreciate it if when I am locked out of ranked queue, I could at least play some normal matches. Having the queue locked for everything because you don't want an instant ELO drop and 30 minutes wasted in a game you are going to fail is no fun.

With Best Regards,

Myabi

TL;DR = Please do not link every match queue option to ranked dodges, you can tell if you're gonna lose by team comp and summoner communication sometimes.

Grollm

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myabi View Post
Hello Riot (and any other readers)!
I just love getting matched with players who either don't speak English (granted some are good players, but you can't figure out what lane they are going and they have last pick...and never take the open role for the current meta) or getting stuck in matches were the team cohesion looks like you were trying to make a baked dish containing pasta, anti-bacterial soap and thumbtacks.
This literally made me lol.

Grollm

10-11-2012

See my post about making a queue like WoW.

t0ad5

10-11-2012

I don't care how they implement it, but something other than these options:
1) lose elo
2) be unable to play anything but customs for 30 mins

Improving this system will go a long way toward keeping me here playing and buying skins.

Thanks,
Long-time paying customer.

WORST SUPPORT US

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

You're always going to lose around half your games, regardless of your ego. Most high-elo players are only have 50-100 more wins than they do losses.

IMO dodge timers shouldn't be changed because they are fine the way they are. If you dodge then you are too desperate to gain elo. You will never see a high-elo player dodge even if two people call jungle.

By dodging you are wasting 9 other people's time. It takes about 4-6 minutes from the time you get a que until the game starts. So by dodging you're wasting 4 minutes of 9 peoples' times. 4*9 = 36. That's how long you should have to wait, regardless of game-mode.

t0ad5

10-11-2012

Quote:
If you dodge then you are too desperate to gain elo.
If you dodge obvious trolls, baddies or people who clearly won't work together, you are smart.
Else, you will have to win twice to make up for the loss.

30 min dodge time < 2 (20-50+) min games.

Regardless of the elo.. why waste your time on these people? Must not be worth as much as some other peoples time.

No offense there. Just saying, as a person with a 40+ hour a week job, wife and baby... my time is worth more than I am willing to give people for a clear loss at champ select. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

JoDari

10-11-2012

Nope. I hate dodging. Just play with the troll. Chances are he's not really a troll anyways, and you're just extra-sensitive.

t0ad5

10-11-2012

Surely after 3k+ (normal, rank, dom) games, I can spot a troll and have learned what type of people will work together, and what types are going to cost us the game.

Maybe not 100% accurate, sure, but close enough to not waste my time on them.

t0ad5

10-11-2012

I see a lot of votes against this, and I'm curious:

Why, if I dodge ranked, for whatever reason, can I not go play Dominion? I can do Aram (don't like this.. I always get something like Renekton vs a poke team, lol).

I don't get the logic behind keeping one from normal SR either. I'm sure there are some weak arguments out there, but whatever, why not even Dom?

Warrensby

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myabi View Post
mmmm...thumbtacks and soap