Why do people hate teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghamorra View Post
I really like using Temoo simply because he can dominate early on. All you have to do is purchase an Ionic Spark and and minions will start to fall with ease. Next thing you know your level 18 and picking enemies off and sprinting to the other side of the map before anyone notices
Kind of nonsense. There ways to farm faster than the Ionic Spark. Besides, farming quickly isn't always a winning plan. Not like the minions will spawn any faster.

Ionic Spark isn't a terrible item but it really isn't anything special either.

Meijo

10-11-2012

So, I guess the general consensus is that people hate on teemo because he crutches learning players and is a pain in the rear with those shrooms and such?

I lubs my teemo. :[

iPlatinumSouledi

10-11-2012

2 simple answers...

1. you havent played with me as a teemo ^_^. i main him in pvp and ai (im new). and racked up over 100 honors with the new system, and only seen 1 other person with a "crest"? ?? ?

2. its because most people who play teemo play AP, which means alot of poison dmg which is dealt over time, meaning the chance's of you last hitting, and effectively "killstealing" are high.

where'as i like to play crit/ speed/ thirster. to try and avoid pissing people off .

the advantage teemo in my opinion has over its "cousins" such as twitch and ezreal, is that teemo doesnt need to rely on his ult to win a fight. its that simple. but teemo is a frail little critter who's not the best playing solo vs "mid lane" champs.

e.g. a teemo vs a brand is a disaster waiting to happen, the only mid champ i've dominated with teemo in pvp is a veigar...

BUT, teemo is a great way to get the "LoL" mentality. as before you develop you have to be extra carefull what damage you let the opponent give you.

(my strat is to Q, 1 hit, run away, grind minions, repeat.) if you dont do it in that fashion, you'll find it hard to solo a lane with a teemo vs any longer ranged champs.

Khizan

10-11-2012

I hate Teemo because an estimated 95% of the Teemos I encounter are on my team and they say "AP Teemo!" before proceeding to suck like an industrial-strength vacuum cleaner. Build Two Nashor's Teeth and a Hat, wonder why you can't 1v1 Xin Zhao in the space of a blind. Drop three mushrooms right on top of each other. Run into my lane, drop a mushroom on the creeps I'm trying to farm, run away. Etc, etc, etc.

EternalXero

10-12-2012

2 words: "Shroom Forest"

I remember one game where I had all of the brush loaded with shrooms. I loved it when my allies chased down enemies and they were dumb enough to think they could run into the jungle. Some on low health to return to base. I got so many passive kills on that game. Best thing I did was put them in strategic locations all over the map.
I never do AP Teemo, as what Khizan complains about is true. There is no "toe-to-toe" fight when going AP.

Leiralei

10-12-2012

Teemo is a mosquito. He's an annoying little critter who constantly buzzes around your head and tries to sting you, then when you go to attack him he's not there.

Now add mushrooms.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

its a love/hate relationship between me and teemo. he is just so cute you cant help but love him but when you step on one of his shrooms you cant help but want to rip him to peaces.

OliverTuddrussel

10-12-2012

It's basically his shrooms, which in my opinion is the only over powered thing he has. Teemo isn't over powered, but his ult is.

A ward that can do potentially 1,000 damage and lasts for 10 minutes, and you can basically have as many of them as you'd like? How's that not over powered?

"Buy an oracles"

Well sometimes, when you have one and you right click a mushroom, and you are melee, it still freaking explodes on you. So frustrating.

TwistWrist

10-12-2012

I think that just means you missed.

Creepy4

10-12-2012

I find teammates (at lower levels where people are extremely concerned about kills) will often get angry at a Teemo who can hit an enemy with a single autoattack, then stroll away while their teammate is doing the hard work of bursting the enemy down, and still get the kill instead of that teammate. Add to that his ridiculous speed and he can run all over the map doing that.

We have a player in my normal group who counts Teemo among her favourite champs. We call her "Captain KS" lovingly, but for good reason.