Why do people hate teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meijo

10-11-2012

I mean, I get a lot of groans from my friends who are more experienced players when I use him

even though I usually get a fairly decent K/D and on more than one occaision I've backdoored him to win a game. (the most recent time I was on the 3 side of a 3v5 match because two of our players quit at the beginning)

he's obviously rather squishy but aside from that...

do edumacate me

ACGIFT

10-11-2012

I can't quite be sure why people hate him... I have a number of reasons why, though.

• On-hit Teemo is an easy way for even relatively inexperienced players to make something resembling a powerful AD Carry.
  • Teemo's E give him very irritating level-1 pokes, making his enemies have to burn through their starting healing potions quicker than they'd like.
  • His Q can be VERY annoying to opposing ADs, especially since the appearance of the blind particle (a bit of black smoke) isn't quite as obvious so it's possible you'd be blinded and not notice.
  • Thanks to his W, (As well as his ult) he's one of the champions it's very, very hard to catch when they decide they're running away.
  • His ult is very, very powerful, especially at lower skill ranks where a team can't quite afford the 400 gold per death (Both due to lower farm as well as higher death rates) on someone to make a dedicated sweeper.
  • Oh, and his ult can be used to aid his retreat, in the middle of battle, or can be used to semi-ward (and defend) bushes... And make turret-diving against him very painful. Oh, and did I mention how irksome it is to just be dashing to a lane to push back a wave of minions when BOOM, you hit a 'shroom?
  • Additonally, that stealth passive of his. It's annoying to enemies (where he can gain just enough distance in a chase to hide until someone else comes to counter-gank) as well as, well, his friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVtlW6_rho
  • Also, being that he's a little mouse-badger-thing that's tiny and perpetually has an anime "^_^" face is probably irksome too.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

After you will have stepped on a fed teemo's mushroom once, you'll understand why everyone groans when they hear teemo.

also, in team fights, he's pretty much as useless without a good team as Kog'Maw. He deals a lot of damage with little items, but his auto-attack range is almost melee.

He basically is a counterpick for multiple solo-top champions and kind'of fails at anything else if the enemy team has proper ward coverage and an oracle's

I don't like a teemo in my team also because he's so squishy for a solo top, and bruiser teemo feels....odd...

A Litle P Kid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Most people are jealous of Teemo's cutiness.

phatmonkey91

10-11-2012

I personally dont like teemo at all (either on my team or against.) I dont like having him on my team because in all honesty his a bit like trendy, in that he is a good champ but soooo easy to deal with.he has some great utility with his shrooms thats are practically wards which i guess is nice to have, especially since noone ever wards haha.

I hate dealing with him because he has such a low skill cap and while I know how to deal with him, alot of people do not, and those people seem to alwasy be on my team lol

ACGIFT

10-11-2012

Oh, and lastly... Statistically speaking, Teemo's slightly overpowered at ANY skill level, (he averages a strong 53-54% win rate even at platinum) yet few people are willing to admit this. Hence they get really, really angry whenever a Teemo kills them.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
Oh, and lastly... Statistically speaking, Teemo's slightly overpowered at ANY skill level, (he averages a strong 53-54% win rate even at platinum) yet few people are willing to admit this. Hence they get really, really angry whenever a Teemo kills them.
Please don't use win percentages as a measure of balance. All a high win percentage means is they win a lot. It doesn't mean anything else. It could be that the only people that play that champion main them, or that they're a strong counter to another champion, or that players don't know how to play against them because they're seldom used...

TwistWrist

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
Teemo is so overpowered that he gets picked less as Elo goes up.

Wait...

Oh right, it is because it is easy to BS a conclusion with numbers by ignoring the numbers that doesn't fit the conclusion.

Teemo is an effective counter-pick and always has been. And you really need to understand statistics better.

MoreMedz

10-11-2012

For me, it’s not Teemo, it’s the player. For many new players, Teemo is a convenient champion: W is a panic button for chasing or escaping, E makes it easier to last-hit and the shrooms are basically free wards. Sometimes people rely on these crutches too much that they do not improve their actual skills very much – I always worry that the Teemo player on my team falls into this group.

Ghamorra

10-11-2012

I really like using Temoo simply because he can dominate early on. All you have to do is purchase an Ionic Spark and and minions will start to fall with ease. Next thing you know your level 18 and picking enemies off and sprinting to the other side of the map before anyone notices