Shaco Or Akali Or Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaBeeQ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

title says it all whit h hero should i get things i want to know is what there good at and i want the hero who can run in and get a kill and get out like tell me who is better in 3v3, 1v1, 5v5 and how does katarinia speels work it says no cost what does that mean does it mean you can use it like forever and not lose mana

nibblitman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

I would say that in the overall score akali would be the best to go with, she has great burst damage and can put down an invis. to help get away. She is also useful in a team.
Kat would be an very close second(in my book) as she also has good burst and a good escape, as well as a multi target ult, but she is also is a bit harder to pick up in my opinion.
Shaco would be last at the moment, He is pretty hard to get the hang of, and not very forgiving of a mess up but is probably the best of those three at the jump in and kill, just he is the hardest and is not very good at anything else.
What the no cost means for Kat. is that her skills are only reliant on cooldown, she does not use mana at all.

AstorSapolsky

09-27-2010

Shaco might be the best 5v5, and because almost all of his moves can be used to escape in one manner or another it arguably makes him a great 1v1 because of what Riot called a "no risk" playstyle. If you find yourself losing, just run and use your stealth, Jack in the Box, whatever it takes. However, he's been nerfed pretty hard and is very tricky to use.
Kat is a little underpowered right now, but she's still not bad. No cost means there is nothing needed. You don't have mana, energy, or health requirements. It is purely based on cooldown.
Akali I haven't played before. I've seen some amazing Akalis, but I've also heard she's underpowered as well. You'd have to get someone else's opinion.

xpsychedelico

09-27-2010

Akali shines against squishy carries, which makes her underpowered now in the tanky metagame. She's good in 5v5s and 3v3s, though there are always better picks for 3v3s, I think. But she is not too item dependent to deal damage, hence her viability in 3v3.

Kat is strong in 5v5s, but timing her ult is very important, as it can be stopped by stuns and silences.

Gaimcap

09-27-2010

I honestly think Kat's just too easily overshadowed by other heroes and boring to boot so i'll just skip her...

Akali:
Jungle: 0-5 (You need runes to be able to do it)
Early-game: 4-7 (Can harass and get FB, but you either need to be solo or have a good lanemate, if you have a bad lanemate, you will die a lot)
Mid-game: 8-10
Late-game: 5-7
Escape: 4-8 (Depends on how good/prepared/aware you are).

Shaco
Jungle: 8-9
Early-game: 8-10
Mid-game: 6-9
Late-game: 3-7 (Depends on how fed/what build you went. If you're good enough, you'll have ended the game before this point).
Escape: 10 (Unless they've planted the whole map with vision wards or have a TF... you're getting away)

Akali's job is essentially to assassinate squishes and cleanup low HP heroes. I think she does this job better than Shaco but her flaw is that she has a near set amount of damage she can spit out in an interval and, while that interval is short and the damage large, if she doesn't finish off the champion she is prone to getting targeted and killed quickly. Also, If she blows everything she has trying to take out the target, she is also left with no way to escape.

Shaco is strange because he's essentially the king of early game snowball... He basically tries to dominate the early and mid game enough to ensure that the enemy team is under leveled, under farmed, and ready to quit, because he doesn't actually do much in the late game unless he is incredibly fed. In order to attain snowball status you actually quite need a bit of skill, map awareness/control, and timing, especially after the recent nerf.

Lootsweeper

09-27-2010

akali for a new player since she doesnt use mana and has less of a skill lvl to play. and the items you buy can be for anything(avoid mana), she is a born hybrid champ

Syncopat

09-29-2010

akali ftw
she cuts stupid overplayed ashe in like 2 seconds

s1rk

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncopat View Post
akali ftw
she cuts stupid overplayed ashe in like 2 seconds
That's if she can get anywhere close to a good Ashe.

Gaimcap

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rk View Post
That's if she can get anywhere close to a good Ashe.
Sit in bush, wait for creep wave. ---> Dance to creep --> Dance to Ashe.

Or. Flash --> Dance to Ashe.

Easily done.

Sindae

10-08-2010

Akali can be devastating, but Shaco can get in and out better than anyone except maybe Kassadin. Kat is just not very good right now. Akali is also easier to play and overall maybe a little stronger than Shaco, but both are great gankers.