Nid needs nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foul Owl

01-26-2013

I agree 100% with the premise of the thread. Nidalee is WAY overpowered. The spear throw is absolutely ridiculous. And stop with the "it's easy to dodge" nonsense. It's not that easy. You can do it if you're constantly moving but if you're continuously moving just to avoid one character's ability you're not able to do much of anything else.

I'm to the point where I will just quit every game that has Nidalee and suffer the consequences. Thankfully you don't see her too often.

Nidalee without question is overpowered and her spear throw needs to be scaled back dramatically.

Snewdy

01-26-2013

Okay...for all the "It's easy to dodge" people....yes, it's easy to dodge "ONE SPEAR" but she's throwing them every 8 seconds over and over and over and sooner or later one WILL hit you especially if you're in a group (aka late game)

Those spears take over half the health of some champs and can incredibly alter the game. Yes Nidalee is OP even if 1 spear by itself is easy to avoid.

Wrath of Sekhmet

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul Owl View Post
I agree 100% with the premise of the thread. Nidalee is WAY overpowered. The spear throw is absolutely ridiculous. And stop with the "it's easy to dodge" nonsense. It's not that easy. You can do it if you're constantly moving but if you're continuously moving just to avoid one character's ability you're not able to do much of anything else.

I'm to the point where I will just quit every game that has Nidalee and suffer the consequences. Thankfully you don't see her too often.

Nidalee without question is overpowered and her spear throw needs to be scaled back dramatically.
My response to your first paragraph can be summed up thusly: Blitzcrank. Harder skillshot to dodge, much higher chance of dying if it hits you.

Besides, if her spear is hitting you that hard, it means that she specialized in it. It is literally her only way of hurting you, and therefore dodging her spear is pretty much the equivalent of avoiding Fizz's entire Q-W-E combo and getting away without taking damage. She has no defense, and if you force her to fight up close she will lose.

One final note: if you think she is so overpowered, just try playing as her and see how you do.

Wrath of Sekhmet

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snewdy View Post
Okay...for all the "It's easy to dodge" people....yes, it's easy to dodge "ONE SPEAR" but she's throwing them every 8 seconds over and over and over and sooner or later one WILL hit you especially if you're in a group (aka late game)

Those spears take over half the health of some champs and can incredibly alter the game. Yes Nidalee is OP even if 1 spear by itself is easy to avoid.
No offense, but anyone who rushes deathcap before tier 1 boots has zero right to complain about skillshots.

ArcherRanger

01-27-2013

spear is not over powered at all... ad nid it does absolutely nothing cept a small poke... ap nid sure its half your health in 1 shot but in human form its her only skill that does any damage, her heal can make her atk speed huge but with ap nid what ad does she have to do dmg with?

I Wrath you said that close range she will lose... i completely disagree, i play ap nid alot and carry with her alot close ranged all you gotta do is pop cougar form and then just jump over them back and forth with pounce while spaming E and Q... best way to build her is: start with boots, 2 health,1 mana, grab tear of the goddess, then grab iceborn gauntlet(sheen first then build into it), after this grab a rylei's, then a hextech gunblade(spell vamp and life steal will save you ALOT), then upgrade tear into seraphs embrace(by this point you should have all the mana built up), somewhere upgrade boots to usually i get swiftness but depending on enemy team comp merc treads could be better, the last slot is really up to you.

I routinely go 20/1 or higher with this build playing as bot carry.

Wrath of Sekhmet

01-27-2013

First of all Archer (I like the name btw; I do archery myself), the build you've described is hybrid. IBG doesn't do anything for the spear, neither does the life steal, and the spears probably won't be knocking off half of the target's health every hit (which is what these people are complaining about). Also, you can't get maximum damage from the spear itself if you're close enough to follow it up with the sheen/IBG passive. It sounds like the Nidalees they're complaining about forego defensive items in favor of straight power and magic penetration.

Bamboo Worrior

01-27-2013

its the map issue. Some champ gets really dominant in non-mainstream maps.