Akali or Twitch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squidwárd

10-28-2010

Hey all, so i've been posting alot lately, and i posted earlier (like 2days ago) about Shaco, i don't like him, he's not my play style. -.-.

So now i'm asking you a question, and i'll give some background.

I'm going to be buying Riot points (1380) and i aint buying another set to try the other champion.

Simple question is, Akali or Twitch? and why?
Twitch has stealth, which can easily be counter able by Oracle's Elixir, if your enemy is smart enough.

from what i've seen, i honestly can't say which would win in a 1v1 with Akali VS Twitch.
uhmm, so i'll give some background:

I'm not a tanky person, i don't like starting the team fights, i'm an aggresive player at the start, meaning i harass to push, while defensive at the same time, with my friend i normally get first blood, with any class i play.

I'm not a support person or a clean up person (as i was told shaco is), i like being there in on the action, doing ALOT of damage.

From what i've seen, twitch does a HEAP of damage, but akali does too.
I know this is a game, but i wanna play someone i enjoy. Master yi's alright, but hes so faceroll, attack speed and life steal, or attack dmg and crit, and easy 23/?/? in a game, i've gotten soo many quadrakills with him its not funny. while you'll probably be thinking, then stick with yi?

I don't like yi any more. i want someone more complex then pressing all 4 buttons and raping 4people at once. akali has a charge, which i LOVE, just not sure off the cooldown, on the other hand, twitch has a stealth, which is the same amount of awesome, but akali also has a temporary stealth with her aoe.

So which one? if you wanna ask me questions just reply below ^^

DrDragun

10-28-2010

Twitch is a faceroll hero too during fights, but at least his metagame is better with buying an oracle to clear wards and trying to figure out which enemies have oracles at all times. Akali has a more unique rhythm and is pretty fun to play. I don't want to take responsibility for how you spend your money so I suggest to 'try before you buy'.

Squidwárd

10-28-2010

that means i could possibly have to wait up to 4weeks for a try >.>, that's why i suggested an option like this just earlier.

i've just been watching videos/commentry on both heroes the past 30minutes, akali seems to hurt ALOT and from what ones i've come across in my games, i'm usually dead within 2seconds, and i can never get away, however its also the same for twitch, i think im liking the idea of energy though. helps early game.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

Twitch is all about positioning and farm. He's a true carry, and needs to be played that way. You are the squishy, you will be focused when you make your appearance, and you will get some pretty ridiculous kills if you play right.

Akali is all about knowing when to enter a team fight and ganking. She's an anti-carry primarily. You're not really a squishy, but then neither are you really tanky. In team fights you need to be extremely precise in who you target and why, or else you'll be failing your team and/or explode pretty quickly.

dorne

10-28-2010

I've bought both twitch and akali (although I just bought twitch today and akali about 2 days ago) so now I own 3 Champs.

I suck at twitch atm, I get a lot of kills at the end game but finding him hard to gtfoutta there at times, whereas I find it WAY easier as akali because of the instant stealth - twitch takes 1.5 secs to enter it and trust me it's all 2 players need to stun the s**t outta you and make sure you don't enter (he's squishy as buggery, more so than akali).

I can't say so much atm but I'd buy twitch with RP and buy akali with IP like I did - that way you can compare the both characters better than anyone can tell you, hope this helped!

dorne

10-28-2010

Also like to add to what I said -

on the damage from twitch hits FAR harder, with his ulti you can get 6 stacks of poison on a whole team and pop ability to slam about 500 off each guy along with the poisons ticking, on top of that you have a massive aoe slow but you WILL get zerged at any given chance by the enemy team so I think you are in need of better support.

Akali also does a lot of damage but it's all ability based, if you like clicking spells etc go akali because it's a lot of fun but like I said before not played twitch much (2 games lol) so it's really down to you.

Squidwárd

10-28-2010

yeah atm, i brought akali, and i'm really enjoying her, can positivly say my favourite champion so far, i have a guide ready to go:

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...orycraft.xhtml

but for the first 2games i went with my gut, AP of course. first one went like 8-4-7? we won, and then that one was 3-3-3, they surrendered at 25mins, so i only had the gun D:

but im loving her charge so much, its got me about 80% of those kills, i'm just trying to work out my rotation.

hmm, only early days but its looking up! thanks guys! your always so helpful :P

Kroghar

10-28-2010

Was just going to post to say go with Akali over Twitch, but looks like you already did that. So have fun.

Funny that you already have a freaking MASSIVE guide for her and you've only been playing her for what, 2 days? Or is that not your guide? It looks like that one has been around for ages.

CrossBlades

10-28-2010

Twitch. hes so much fun

deMorphine

10-28-2010

Twitch beats Akali.

Life steal + AS + E = gg

Akali has a lot of burst damage, but then there are cooldowns.