A Queue System Like Wow?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

10-11-2012

Although I quit playing once Cataclysm launched, (because the idea of having to regrind and replace all the 264 and 277 items I had did not appeal to me at all), I really liked what they did with the queue system. So let's say you were a shaman, you could either queue as damage or healer or if you were a deathknight you could queue as tank or dps. So could Riot implement something like that for LoL? Where you could preselect your role BEFORE you queued? So you wanted to queue as top, you select top and you get paired with an adc, support, mid, and jungler? Obviously this is just a rough sketch of an idea but I think it would work to pair with you a team that wants to build a team and not just someone who auto locks whatever champ they feel like. Just a thought.

Beefy Neknek

10-11-2012

Best idea i've seen by far ! Hope Riot will do this

Grollm

10-11-2012

I'm just trying to think how we would implement it. Maybe select a position and then select the champs that you would like to play in that role. Like take for example this game that I played as Leona http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31580805#history I went 6/8/22 and I was being told by Draven the entire time that Leona was a terrible support. Meanwhile top lane we have a Vayne that is feeding like a boss...So we have to figure out a way to make it so where people can't pick a champ that obviously don't go in the lane they picked it for.

t0ad5

10-11-2012

I think they won't want to do this because that will "lock-in" a meta.

These roles we pick, they aren't a requirement of the game, just how the community plays the game.

I see your point. It would be cool to have something like this.

However, since there is no "locked-in" way to play, how does the computer decide what roles are needed for a particular team?

Grollm

10-11-2012

Yeah it was just a thought, but maybe we can do something like that only for ranked play? To me it's whatever if someone wants to do that in a normal game. But when I have 2 ranked games in a row where I have insta locks, it's just absurd. I know my elo isn't the greatest, but that's partially why. If you look at my lolking matches, the first game I played with Leona our adc(who insta locked) Vayne went 0/4 within the first 5 minutes and lost bot tower within the first 10 minutes. I was able to recover the game by building Leona an extremely aggressive tank build and I got our team the first 2 kills, from there we were able to snowball and come back. I wasn't so lucky in my second ranked I played with Leona. We had once again another insta lock, but this time we had a Draven bot and a Vayne top. Both Vayne and Draven fed like it was their job. I went 6/8/22, while getting told the entire time that Leona is not a good "saport"because she can't heal. I normally don't take that many kills but my draven was utterally useless. I just hate being a good player and having a good game personally but because my team is retarded we lose. Just frustrating, I can't wait until servers reset so I can get into the elo that I belong in.

Jetsetradi0

10-11-2012

I see where you are coming from with this, as it is horribly annoying when you join a game and say "solo top" then 2 other players proceed to pick solo top champs.

However, as t0ad5 mentioned above, this locks in the idea that there is a certain champion combination required for successful play.

I willuse last night as an example, I played on a team where we had 2 tanks (Maokai and Garen Tank), an AP mid (morgana, who got steamrolled by the enemy morgana in mid) and a melee AD bottom (Riven). Our Jungler was an AP warwick. We were more than 10 kills behind the enemy team the whole game. didnt score our first kill until after we had 10 deaths. no one on our team could do much damage, but we won the game due to extreme teamwork and refusing to do teamfights. We roamed the map, repeatedly killed dragon and baron, pushed every tower and caught players out to pick them off 1 by 1. We didn't fit the Meta but we won because we had strategy and teamwork. This was one of the more rewarding games Ive played, as the enemy team played very very well and not one of them "fed".

t0ad5

10-11-2012

I feel you. It is frustrating.
One person can't carry 4 incompetent people. Instead it requires some teamwork and effort on their part. Ranked is supposed to be about having good games, good matchups, etc, but often, at lower levels, wins are determined by who has the least about of tards.
It will possibly get worse. Hang in there and try to have fun with it. Reset eminent.

Cocoaman08

10-11-2012

Thats a really good idea but like the previous guy said you dont want to create a permanent meta and that would make the game boring and just set a standard, but i would suggest a game mode though just like blind or draft pick, just make a new one and called it the presets or something clever.

t0ad5

10-11-2012

Maybe something like:
"support seeking: adc, mid, top, jungler"
"mid seeking: ....."

That way the players can chose and it isn't preset by the computer.... just another idea to help you along. But then again, who says there only has to be one person mid... (I know.. I know.. but the point of the matter is this doesn't have to be true).

Have fun.

(edit:
Hmm, I guess one could queue:
"mid seeking: mid...." in this case, however, they should have to be matched with another "mid seeking: mid", which probably wont happen.
Also, if something like this were the case, one should be able to queue for multiple 'roles'. That way a person can do mid or jungle (anythin gthey want), but not the rest, if they dont want to.

Also, something like this may require some steamlining of champ descriptions. Something like "pusher" wouldn't be useful with our "meta" descriptors. Unless they were able to get real fancy:
"mid seeking: pusher, adc, tanky support, distruptor jungler".
It would get very hard to match people?)

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

This has been suggested many times before. I believe the reason for it not going in is because it forces the meta.