Dominion Bot Matches are Dangerous...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Okay, just played a Dominion bot match for first win. If not for the fact that I was playing Heimerdinger (who can put two turrets down on a point and have the bots bug out and be unable to take it) I would have lost. I could have been playing Darius, Diana, Yorick, Kayle, you name it. Twice the bots had all 5 points because they 4 man teamed up and killed me on a point I was trying to hold. Without being able to be in two places at once, turrets + myself, I would have just lost a bot match. The final score was 25-0 with me barely winning us the game. I ended with 2.2k points with our next highest having 1k. The lowest had 200ish.

The issues were 3-fold: Two people were AFK most of the match (1 DC'd for a bit then came back...), 1 didn't know what was going on, and 1 was playing for kills and didn't care if we lost.

It is impossible to carry in Dominion. And when impossible to carry meets a bot match I come very close to losing a bot match for the first time ever...

I like doing Dominion bot matches over Classic for a quick first win because it is usually quick, but I can't 1v5 in Dominion like I can in SR. Are there any tips you guys can give me to increase my odds of winning every bot match? The Heimer trick has saved me many times already, but this time the final score was way too close for comfort.

FDru

10-14-2012

It's not possible, because you cannot outfarm Dominion bots like you can SR bots. Also just due to the mechanics of Dominion you can't do much if you can't be in more than one place at a time.

Orphane

10-14-2012

If you get afk'ers in dominion bot games you build boots of mobility so you can respond faster. Given that you should win 1v1s or even 1v2s all that remains is to stop bots from backcapping you, which is usually the bulk of difficulty.

Panwar

10-14-2012

Well, just queue up a full roster of bots on your side as well, and then pick a total faceroll of a champ(ad melee carries especially destroy bots). You were actually hindered by hiemer. Yah he can sorta be in 2 places at once, but it's really only 1 place and a half, as without his turrets he's pretty lame.