Season 3 changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Linna Excel

10-10-2012

Is there a list somewhere of some of the changes we can expect when the new season rolls out and which champs will get affected by it the most or reworked? Since I'm trying to learn, I'd hate to log in one day in the next 2-3 weeks to find everything is different.

I also want to get Ahri (had fun with her during free week) but I was reading on the boards, she's likely to get nerfed hard if the current meta changes. I don't really have the IP to waste (saving up for her now 2800/6300) or a huge champ selection, so reading that makes me feel a little tentative about splurging on an expensive champ. Especially one that's highly skilled (practice) based.

I keep reading Riot hates Soraka too (whom I have and enjoy) so part of me thinks she's going to get thwacked too.

Can anyone confirm or deny these things?

ACGIFT

10-11-2012

I don't think anyone's entirely sure for most of these rumors... Only one I really heard a big one is that Riot seems to be aware of the "tipping-point nature" of top lane, to where with a lot of champions (Malphite is #1 that comes to mind) just getting a little fed quickly snowballs into them winning the entire game; hence, a lot of nerfs/reworks to top-lane champions seems to be in the pipeline.

Beyond that, though, I think most changes will be to those that're distinctly over- or under-powered. For over-powered ones, Evelyn, Rumble, Ezreal, Zyra, and Malphite are among those commonly thought to be OP, and liable to get a nerf. (though Malph's win rate, I've noticed, has decline a little without any nerf so far) Similarly, Urgot, Heimerdinger, and Sejuani are all unpopular and under-powered, so they're liable to get buffs. Syndra's a special case; while she has an abysmal win rate, (no matter the skill rank) part of it may still be the fact that no one knows how to play her effectively; might be there is no truly good way, and she'll need a strong buff. (she was already buffed after release)

Karma, on the other hand... Few even remember she exists. She's so painfully broken that she is by far the least-popular champion, and almost invariably has the lowest win rate. She is likely due for a heavy re-work; I recall Riot mentioning this, but it may take a bit.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

its hard to tell what champs will be nerf/buffed in season 3 because riot will do that over the course of the whole year and will be constlently tweaking them to keep the game balanced.

as for leaving for a week and finding the whole game changed that just wont happen, they may just put out little changes and change it bit by bit but they aren't holding a year's worth of patches and updates just to drop them on us all at once.

as for riot hating soraka i think that morelo is the only one who hates her. but i have been hearing rumors for a long time that they wore going to just compleatly remove her from the game, these rumors are a couple years old now, and she is still in it. dont expect soraka to ever get buffed but but i cant see them hitting her harder then they already have.

as for the changes coming with season 3 i think they are going to bring in some rating system for the trubinal, some skins that can be bought with ip, rewards with the honor system, and a way to put notes on your friends list. while i cant find, dont have the time to find, the link to all of these i think they wore talked about in patch previews.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-11-2012

The big changes with season three are going to hit top lane's 'toxic snowball nature' and itemization in general. Other than those generalities you'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us!