Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Congrats on 500!

Have you guys looked into the situation where some skillshots, when fired from the brush, do not appear until they have hit?

Urgot is a perfect example of this now that he commonly goes bot. If you cannot see the corrosive charge, you have a very small chance of dodging it. Similar with Nidalee spears and other skills that are largely balanced by their ease of dodging/difficulty landing it.

I thought this was just a personal/computer issue, but I have been hearing of it more and more lately.

TalkGibberish

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
oh, and does anyone know how I can look at the 'last' rioter post on a thread?).
http://clgaming.net/redtracker/4232-ezreal

scroll down and click "Source" on the last one.

Whittaker

04-09-2012

How much does watching tournaments effect your design? Do you find yourself looking at what players value in their champion choices and use that information to influence your design going forward or perhaps notice a certain play style is lacking so try to inject an option that could fill that void?

LucasI

04-09-2012

So if you dislike that Urgot's ulti is being somewhat wasted on Urgot, has there ever been talk of giving him a different one to free up that design space? Also, how do you feel about about Yorick's ulti on Yorick? It seems like it'd be an amazing skill for a support-type necromancer, while it's rather out of place on a fighter.

ImmortalShade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Hey Ez, thank you for taking the time to read these!

First idea: As we have a free rotation, could we have a "Taking a break" rotation where some champs each week are taking a break from the leauge, out on a mission, getting put back together, ect... would spice things up and encourage people to learn some new champions and see who else is out there. would have to see if people would want it in ranked or not. something to think on

Second: Barebones mode. No talents No masteries, Maybe no summoners. easy as that, give people a chance to play their champs the way they were made.

Thrid: Profit!

aBAMFpig

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalShade View Post
Hey Ez, thank you for taking the time to read these!

First idea: As we have a free rotation, could we have a "Taking a break" rotation where some champs each week are taking a break from the leauge, out on a mission, getting put back together, ect... would spice things up and encourage people to learn some new champions and see who else is out there. would have to see if people would want it in ranked or not. something to think on

Second: Barebones mode. No talents No masteries, Maybe no summoners. easy as that, give people a chance to play their champs the way they were made.

Thrid: Profit!
No

Nukaclaw

04-09-2012

and now i ask all the questions my forerunners have asked before me and more!

1. whats the status on the stealth remake?/ who,s working on it?/priority or on the backburner?
2. will brutilizer ever build into anything useful for a burst assassin?
3. will kage's pick build into another item ever? : this was answered in the spectator patch ^^
4. was kassadin's daughter scrapped?
5. how does a 6-stack cho'gath hide in that tiny bush? (the one by dragon)
6. will annie's legendary skin ever get a rework? ifeel its been left in the dust when compared to more recent ones :/
7. actually a request. can we PLEASE get a vote to kick in the ranked Qs? i had 4 trolls in my last 4 games outwardly saying they were trolling,randoming, or auto locked. -.-
8. in the new refferal system can we still win the chance to implement new content?
9. and finally, can we get anymore information on this supposed new "stance-change" champion?

any responses are much appreciated ^^

Yuki Frost

04-10-2012

Has digimon had any insperation in the champions you have designed
ie.
Blitzcrank - Guardromon
Nocturne - Megidramon

D E Merry

04-10-2012

I was thinking for some time that you sort of took concepts from Lulu's Passive and Kayle's Righteous Fury. So, the theme of the champion is a Caster-class champion (ask Shurelia if you don't know what I mean). However, the new concept is that she is an AD Magic-based champion. So:

Passive: Caster's auto attack deal magic damage instead of physical damage. She converts X% of her AP into AD and Y% of her AD (and all her armor pen) into magic penetration. She also converts all of her lifesteal to spellvamp. Her attacks can crit normally.

For her basic skills, you probably would add both a passive (to her auto attacks) and an active (which is a powered up version of the passive, cancels passive upon activation).

Example:
Q: Heavenly Barrage
Passive: Each of Caster's auto attacks are followed with a sword made of golden energy. Each sword deals X damage and reveals them for 1 second. It can be intercepted by other targets.
Active: Caster summons huge array of swords of golden energy in target area, damaging any enemy hit for Y damage and snaring them in place for Z seconds.

E: Wrath of the Pheonix:
Passive: Caster's auto attacks will shred her target's magic resist by X% every time they are hit, stacking up to 5 times for 4 seconds. Additionally, if they reach all 5 stacks, they will receive Y% of their missing health in damage (until 4 seconds of not getting hit by Caster/cleanse or quicksilver sash)
Active: Caster summons a magical Pheonix to fly into a certain area, dealing Z damage and 2Y% of their missing health every second for 5 seconds in a large area. Anyone directly hit by the Pheonix will also be stunned for 1 second.

I think it would be an interesting concept to create an auto-attack mage. You could also make several skills scale in either AD or AP, but not both (So buying AP will highly power up the AP skill, and just a little of the AD skill [see passive], but buying AD will highly power up the AD skill, but not the AP skill)

BurntElement

04-10-2012

Well sir, last night I read through about six months-worth of posts, and I too greatly appreciate your dedication to this community.

I just wanted to share a few random thoughts I've had.

First of all, I know you aren't a fan of Urgot's look. I don't really care for it either, but I read a book recently that made me think of him. The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man by Mark Hodder features a man (or something) on the cover that resembles Urgot. The man (or whatever it is) has a mechanical brain with the memories of someone else sewn up inside the giant body of a criminal (who may or may not have been a butcher/cannibal). I got Urgot shortly after reading this (second in a series, check it out!).

Also, I had an idea for a high-risk/high-reward skillshot-based champ a while back. Since reading your posts, I understand better some of the problems associated with skillshots that have multiple effects depending on who was hit. Nevertheless, the idea I had involved a passive that would apply any adverse effects of a spell to yourself if you failed to hit an ally or enemy with any of your abilities. One of the abilities would decrease allied cooldowns and INCREASE enemy cooldowns. I thought the feature would be an interesting mechanic for a support champion.

That's all I can think of at the moment, so thanks again for your efforts to stay connected with all of us!