@Ezreal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

09-27-2010

How do you feel about Noxians?

Agrias Oaks

09-27-2010

Can we expect another female champ directly after Swain? If not, whens the next one?

Dibble

09-27-2010

So you're responsible for a few of my favorite characters. Do you have any new characters in the pipeline (I know you just finished Sona), if so what archetype?

I figure if you're responsible for a lot of my fave characters... then you must be working on something good!

Mowarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

How do you feel about the champion Ezreal being a girl? Is this intended?

Syztem

09-27-2010

Tryndamere is my favorite champ, but his playstyle is very extreme. Either you farm for 30 min and reap the (great) rewards at the end, or play against a competent team and get shut down on your farm, and are basically a liability to your team.

Are there any plans to perhaps streamline his laning phase and adjust his endgame?

Ivandir

09-27-2010

What strategy do you use to balance out cooldown timers on QWER spell combos?

Ezreal

Pre Production Champion Designer

09-27-2010
3 of 320 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
How do you feel about the game balance in terms of champion flexibility with new ones being pumped out every 2 weeks? Too many champions are being left in the dust with newer better ones. Examples being singed
Also another srs question: do you think a lot of older champs deserve some re-works instead of just buffs? With all of the variety of the mechanics each new champion brings some old ones don't cut it anymore. For example: Ryze while he is fun is a short range caster who has no actual disable besides a root, so any other mage can still gib him, and range carry etc etc.

I really really really miss CB Ryze. Not his super spell flux giant ball of doom, but his E passive. Since Ryze had no stun being able to convert ap->dmg made a battle mage fun. NO champion even to this day is close to that, which was what made Ryze unique. Did you like that passive Ryze had? I did
Well, I do believe we need to concentrate more on our older champions. As LoL has progressed we have learned a bunch of lessons that we simply did not know about earlier on (i.e. having insanely high cooldowns / mana costs is less fun - Fiddlesticks).

But on a good note, we are moving towards champion re-works / buffs as we get more designers. You'll see why when you see the Teemo and Jax changes (I LOVE the upcoming changes to Teemo's ultimate).

As for Ryze, I was actually at fault for his old passive (for anyone that doesn't know, it was a toggle to make your auto attack do magic damage). We found that it simply didn't fit in his kit, and it also led to a bunch of edge cases. I think a better designed version of it will come out on a more hybrid character at some point in the future.

Leib Olmai

09-27-2010

Would you play a game of LoL with your fan ?

PineappleThis

09-27-2010

Whats the average time frame it takes for a champion to be completed, from the
brainstorming/coming up with the champion idea/theme, to being released on the live servers?

Sr Kundo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

1) How is designing your favorite blind monk going?

2) Are you guys designing new special mobs for Magma Chamber?

3) Whats your favorite spell designed?