Teemo item builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nithrak

11-18-2009

I've been playing Teemo for about a week and its a lot of fun. But I've basically had the same item build... I start by going for Rylai's Scepter by buying an Amplifying Tome.. that helps early on with my poison and make me more effective laning.

Then I go Blasting Wand followed by Giants Belt to complete the scepter.

Next item I've been getting are Berserkers Greaves.. for a little faster arrow.. and the run speed.

Then.. depending on how the game is going.. I usually go with a Zeal.. followed by a Lich Bane..

It seems to work decently.. but I was curious how others build Teemo.. I'd like to experiment a little but I'd rather see others proven builds and why you like them first. Thanks

Hargam

11-18-2009

I go attack speed boots first, and then nasher's tooth for the ability cooldowns. From there it is fairly open depending on where the games at.

Bloodba7h

11-18-2009

If you're going with an AP *and* attack speed build why not try Nashor's Tooth, Nithrak? The -25% cooldowns will really help you get mushrooms all over the map, improve your damage with more blinding shots, and give you more mana to play with.

Personally, I don't muck around with AP builds much as I prefer a pure attack speed/power build with Teemo:

Dagger + Potion <--- starting items
Berzerker's Greaves <--- may get treads if the game calls for it
Dagger -> Vampiric Scepter -> Dagger -> Malady <--- that's the order I prefer to get it
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper OR Phantom Dancer <--- depends on the game, again.. mostly use Whisper though

win.

I've been thinking about dropping Malady from my build now, however, since I'm liking Malady's passive less and less.. it's a "win more" item rather than a "this will win you the game" item from my experience. Stark's Fervor will replace it in the next couple Teemo matches I have.

Nithrak

11-18-2009

Awesome.. thanks.. that will help a lot for trying out a dps build

Holypope

11-18-2009

I've had a lot of fun making a lifesteal build. I haven't played him enough to find a "best" method yet, but I've had great luck with this one:

Start with mana regen... build towards Nashors Tooth.
Buy attack speed boots after finishing Nashor's Tooth.
Build Bloodthister
Build Stark's Fervor

if there's time/money, build another bloodthirster

I took on a (probably crappy) L18 Yi 1v1 with this build and won the fight, even taking out the guy that came to help him afterwards for a double kill. It's definitely 'functional.' I'm not sure it's the best. It seems to make you pretty safe in 1v1 fights. Even in teem fights, it gives Teemo way more longevity than most players are used to. That surprise factor can get you a few free kills on players that think they can outlive you. I've only played it a few times, but I've been very pos in my kill ratio each time.

Snig

11-18-2009

I am currently on a 30 game winning streak with teemo, here is what I build:

Regrowth pendant: health regen so you can harass the enemy agressively up to level 5-6.

At 640 gold or 990 gold go back and turn your pendant into the mana+health+gold version (philosophers stone) and buy boots.

This gives you enough mana to drop mushrooms every cooldown and still blind when its important.

This also ensures you have close to full health when hero fights start.

Upgrade your boots to magic resist and 40% stun reduction. People always go after you with stuns and blinds. You need this reduction to survive. (mercury treads)

Now you have 3 options depending on the enemy team.
1. DPS vs tanks: Madreds bloodrazors (stack these, they give attack speed and the highest dps vs tanks, the attack speed helps your poison dot stack up also) They also let you wreck baron and other creeps.

2. DPS utility: triforce: this gives a bit of dps, run speed, snare, and hps. I used this for the first 15 games of my current 30 game streak. I bought madreds as the second dps item and eventually figured out that it was just better most of the time.

3. Banshees veil: You are often the target and your dps is irrelevant if your stunned or dead. I buy this usually after my first madreds, but occasionally before if they have a lot of stuns or really want to focus me.

Final item list:
Philosopher's stone
Mercury treads
First Madreds
Banshee's veil
Second madreds
third madreds or guardian angel (never got this far)

Goodluck.

Snig.

Elthan

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypope View Post
I took on a (probably crappy) L18 Yi 1v1 with this build and won the fight, even taking out the guy that came to help him afterwards for a double kill.
Tbh, every Teemo should be able to take on a Master Yi, seeing how a blind makes him pretty much ineffective...

Personally I like to start with either boots and pots or Amplifying Tome and pots. I then go upgrade to boots or Fiendish Codex. I usually go for Rod of Ages (or Banshee's if the game demands it) or Mejai's... It's a bit random after that, but it usually includes some of the following;

Rylai's Scepter
Lich Bane
Abyssal Scepter
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Zhonya's Ring (Last item)

Nithrak

11-19-2009

Snig.. I went with your build order because it had been my experience so far that when I get to a point in the game with AP+AS that I start to really hurt people they definitely would stun/focus me and I'd die pretty fast.

The two games I played last night were two of the best I've played on Teemo.. I went 10/1/6 and 14/2/9 =D The philosophers stone early game rocks.. I could lane so much better because while I poisoned other champs and they had to recall .. I could just hang back a few if I was damaged and build my health right back up.. I also usually went with heal as a summoner spell, and I used it rarely last night, I think it's time to go with flash so I can escape/finish champs that are running away with 1 hit left. =)

mortgar

11-19-2009

Through my experience, which im not saying is alot.. but i got bout 300+ games with teemo (beta too).
and i didnt feel much for hybrid builds, ofcourse its viable... but pure AS or AP is much more potent.
also id like to note that the attackspeed is not boosting ur dps, cause half of ur dmg comes from ur skills (if u play AP). Nashor is prolly the only item id say viable with attack speed, but more cause of the mp5, AP and cooldown reduction.

What i would reccomend is checking forums for guides. One of the best, if not THE best teemo guides can be found here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=10779

Again: its all about personal Prefference in the end, but here they explain in detail what good tactics are, and why some items arent chosen. READ THE COMMENTS ON THEM!

What i like to add though: When in a game and i get focussed alot, rod of ages is a good item to keep you up. also provides mana and AP.