Which hero is the best at jungling AND... (see fine print)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

11-18-2009

Not only a great jungler, but can be useful to the team as well. I am asking for a hero who is a solid laner / team pusher / team figher, who is also a competent jungler. Lemmi have it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2009

Amumu.

keftes

Recruiter

11-19-2009

For pure jungling :

Fiddle > Nunu > amumu > warwick

Jonny Monroe

11-19-2009

Personally, I'm fond of warwick as a jungler/ganker for the early and mid game. I tried Nunu but I find any opponent with a brain on them can easily counter his ulti (Rocket fist, anyone?). Warwick's ability to hit for % based damage through hunger strike makes him great against health stackers as well. Warwick using 2 bloodrazors (junglers should end up using bloodrazors anyway as a natural extension from your razors) and a last whisper + any other good AS item will tear down enemy tanks, regardless of armour or health, and higher AS plays better on his passive since it heals him a fixed amount per hit rather than a true vampiric effect.

I've not played fiddle but I've seen people try and jungle with him before and fail horribly, but that's a few anecdotal events so don't read into it.

keftes

Recruiter

11-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Monroe View Post
I've not played fiddle but I've seen people try and jungle with him before and fail horribly, but that's a few anecdotal events so don't read into it.
How can people fail at jungling with fiddle when he's the best? Spam drainlife and survive when it's on cd = win at lvl1 without pots.Warwick has alot more downtime that fiddle when we're talking about jungling (at least the starting levels).

I was refering to junglers not gankers.Warwick is not top tier.He cant slow (people can just run away from him at start) and his ulti can be negated easilly (hello cleanse).By the time warwick has 2 bloodrazors dont you think the opposing team will have a way of gearing up equally?

GNOY

11-19-2009

Feedle. Probably best jungler + good team hero. You will hardly solo kill golem at 1st level without Smite or Rally spells with other heroes.

Jonny Monroe

11-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
How can people fail at jungling with fiddle when he's the best? Spam drainlife and survive when it's on cd = win at lvl1 without pots.Warwick has alot more downtime that fiddle when we're talking about jungling (at least the starting levels).

I was refering to junglers not gankers.Warwick is not top tier.He cant slow (people can just run away from him at start) and his ulti can be negated easilly (hello cleanse).By the time warwick has 2 bloodrazors dont you think the opposing team will have a way of gearing up equally?

I should clear this up, As I said, my experience with fiddle is anecdotal. His jungling isn't what I meant to call useless, more the overall performance in the game (failed attempts at ganking, very poor group play in later game.)

I've seen fiddle jungle well, and I've seen him played well. Just not in the same game. The point of my post, however, was to give my experience with warwick as a jungler. Everything I've ever seen posted by yourself to date has been trolling.

Octovert

11-19-2009

Having played warwick, I feel he's lacking in any sense of the word "team". He's a great jungler, and a decent kill stealer when he chooses to show up. Adding to a team, however, is where I think he is less effective.

wildfire393

11-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBarnacle View Post
Having played warwick, I feel he's lacking in any sense of the word "team". He's a great jungler, and a decent kill stealer when he chooses to show up. Adding to a team, however, is where I think he is less effective.
His W provides a 25% bonus to attack speed for your entire team for team fights, his Q + Bloodrazors brings tanks down incredibly quickly, his E lets him chase stragglers insanely well, and his ultimate provides a multi-second stun on a target and can kill most squishies with the right item set.

Gryfter

11-19-2009

Malphite is a severely under valued jungler. Stack armor runes, buy cloth armor and pots, grab smite and ground slam, and take golem down first, then you basically run through every other spawn easily. Take dragon at level 5ish (with both buffs), and once you hit 6 gank every time your ult is up, and jungle the rest of the time.

He's also a great team hero, with one of the best initiators in his ult, an AOE attack speed reduction, and a slow.

The best part about it, is once you hit 6, people never see you coming when you ult out of the jungle on a gank, which again, he is amazing at.