AZF vs TSM: Lessons learned.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgonisT

10-12-2012

Does anyone pushing for AF to be DQ'd because of cheating realise that they haven't even won yet? They could lose to TA in the final and the cheating would've basically been for nothing but a 30k fine. Besides, for an entire team to be DQ'd for one member's actions is a bit extreme considering that one action did not guarantee them to win all of their matches against TSM. It gave them an upper hand in one instance of one match yes, but what exactly did it do for the other matches?

Mansa TChalla

10-12-2012

The problem I have with it is TSM's top lane strat was designed to be different, it was a strat designed to surprise the enemy because of what side they were on. Who knows how far it could have taken them? Imagine if there was no ping there... Jayce may or may not have taken his Q first, but in any way since they knew that they were headed top it ensured that their strat to start of the game would fail.

It doesn't matter if TSM plays 1000000000000 more games against Azubu Frost or any other team for that matter that saw that game. Their top lane strat will never work, ever again against Azubu because of cheating.

EDIT: They should punish Woong for cheating by DQing him. This forces teams to be on their toes, and if they make a mistake they may end up playing with a sub for an important tournament. I don't think AF should be totally removed, but it would have been fine in my eyes for Woong to be DQ'd forcing them to sub. Maybe a smaller fine percentage since the team went along with it

Belthasarr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

The whole tournament is getting such bad press that Riot should consider rematches. That way the slate is clean regarding the whole cheating debacle. Push back the date of the world final. I doubt this will happen though.

Lahzerahl

10-12-2012

I understand remaking game 1 because of the incident, Azubu certainly denied TSM a possible early advantage, but remaking the entire series is completely unwarranted. Game 2 was played fair and TSM got outplayed on nearly every front. That being said, even if the remake was decided upon, there is a very small chance TSM would pull through. Any competent player can see Azubu is simply the better team at the moment.

Mansa TChalla

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahzerahl View Post
I understand remaking game 1 because of the incident, Azubu certainly denied TSM a possible early advantage, but remaking the entire series is completely unwarranted. Game 2 was played fair and TSM got outplayed on nearly every front. That being said, even if the remake was decided upon, there is a very small chance TSM would pull through. Any competent player can see Azubu is simply the better team at the moment.
But there is a huge difference between out played and cheating.

You're gold or plat. I am a low elo noob. If we 1v1 and you out play my ass, that's fair and square, you show that you are skilled and I am not compared to you.

But if you ghost my stream(example) or use an unfair advantage to win before i even have a fair chance) its still cheating regardless if you beat me 10000 times over. If AF is the superior team, they didn't need to cheat.

Awes0meCherry

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlquiorraKuchiki View Post
Does anyone pushing for AF to be DQ'd because of cheating realise that they haven't even won yet? They could lose to TA in the final and the cheating would've basically been for nothing but a 30k fine. Besides, for an entire team to be DQ'd for one member's actions is a bit extreme considering that one action did not guarantee them to win all of their matches against TSM. It gave them an upper hand in one instance of one match yes, but what exactly did it do for the other matches?
AZF beat CLG.EU after beating TSM

thunderingice

10-12-2012

i have to bump this cuz i hav been agreeing with the op since the initial ruling came out. i didnt and dont understand how a fine can fix a instance of cheating that clearly gave gains. I can't buy the explanation that they are sure that azf woulda won anyway (cheating wasn't gamechanging). I see no reason to believe that taking risk out of something doesnt completely change all future decision trees. I do wish riot would get this right. They have been refusing to do rematches when needed in important tourneys for awhile and it still makes me sad.

Belthasarr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I am actually not going to watch the world championship out of protest for the cheating.

Zilveren

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahzerahl View Post

I will edit my original post to clarify that I am asking for a rematch of only the first game, and a possible third game should TSM win it. I am not asking for a rematch of the entire set of 3.

Azubu Frost won game 2 fair and square.

AgonisT

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Division Two View Post
They should punish Woong for cheating by DQing him. This forces teams to be on their toes, and if they make a mistake they may end up playing with a sub for an important tournament. I don't think AF should be totally removed, but it would have been fine in my eyes for Woong to be DQ'd forcing them to sub. Maybe a smaller fine percentage since the team went along with it
This